LegacyGT.com

AllWEATHER tires 225/50/18: Toyo Celsius?

Taking delivery of 2016 Legacy 3.6 Limited with 225/50/18 rims. i do much winter/snow drink in northern ny. All-weather tires have been a staple for the last 8 or 9 years for me but in this size i can only find Toyos. i can get vredisteins at but the aspect and ratios will be off which bodes poorly i think.

comments? ideas? suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
A few weeks ago I replaced my OEM Goodyear LS2's with Conti TrueContact Tour tires. They're an exact fit & their winter/snow rating is significantly higher than most other all-season tires for my 17 Legacy Limited. In fact, we're in the midst of a winter storm here in NY & I had to go out to help our DIL who had an accident in the snow. I felt in control wherever I had to go. FWIW. https://tinyurl.com/r9x8bal

I have used Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires for several years and have been very satisfied with them; they don't give up much to summer tires on dry roads and have good snow grip in Tire Rack testing. They are quieter than most other high performance 4-season tires, and are available in the size you requested. I use them in 245/50-19 on my '17 Outback.

informenter-marker-1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Nokian WRG4 fits my 2016 3.6R. Like these tires in the first few weeks of ownership. Minnesota’s winter has not been brutal yet, so we’ll wait and see about deep snow and ice performance. On dry roads, I’m impressed with how quiet and comfortable the ride is vs. my Cont. extreme contact 3s. Discount Tire can special order from Nokian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 17" 225/55R-17 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80s in the winter on less expensive wheels. Packaged from Tire Rack with 3 more pounds of air to adjust for the higher sidewall. More pothole protection here in DC.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I use 17" 225/55R-17 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80s in the winter on less expensive wheels. Packaged from Tire Rack with 3 more pounds of air to adjust for the higher sidewall. More pothole protection here in DC.

There’s a big difference between winter tires like the Blizzak and a true all-weather tire, which is what the OP inquired about.

Winter tires are single purpose (snow and ice) and do not ride well or wear well in moderate or warm weather due to the rubber compound. All-weather tires are relatively new in the US and do a reasonably good job under all conditions (no, not as good as a summer performance tire or as good as a winter tire used for their intended application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry.. Misread part of the original post at 4AM BC. (Before Coffee).

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB