LegacyGT.com

Boost controller birdsnest

Yea I'd agree with staying out of boost without a way to monitor.

I could have sworn the tgv cel put you into limp mode, but I'm likely wrong.

You CAN just plug in a laptop. With a tactrix cable and ecuflash. Did it last night. Maybe a local has a tactrix cable. I don't think the Subaru ssm tool will delete cel because it's more or less retuning the engine. You have to flash the ecu. If you're going to tune yourself or do an etune, go ahead and buy a tactrix cable. Chances are it's not tuned honestly.

If you're not going to tune yourself and have an android device, btssm is the way to go. Maybe check the locals forum here or nasioc to see if someone has a tactrix. I did that and was successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh maybe boxkita has one for sale since you're in Seattle. I'm sure you can find a local.

Side note. I can't figure a good way to mount that MAP sensor without diying a bracket. You got a Pic of what you did xtbonbon

All solid advice. This thing is purely a toy and I have a large shop so I don't have to drive it at all. I'm trying to get the mechanic across the complex from me to do the leakdown. I'm starting to wonder about a burned valve or something.

I'm going to send the oil sample in, I need to check all the trucks in my fleet too. I'm not familiar with a boost leak test or smoke test but, I can imagine those would be telling.

I'll have to fab a bracket to hold those components. That'll be easy enoguh now that I know that's what it requires. Hard to believe Grimmspeed doesn't make a bracket they sell with that module for just such a purpose...

Well, all 04+ turbo subarus have burned valves due to an issue with the stock tune and emissions. I had to get new exhaust valves and guides and the previous owner had been trying to trouble shoot that issue just didn't know what they were doing. That said I drove it about 1k miles and didn't have any rough running due to it.

When you said the shop prior, I thought it was at a mechanic as opposed to your own shop. I think get a hold of a tactrix and delete those codes and just expect to rebuild your heads when you rebuild the engine. If your computer savvy, covertrussian has a basic tuning thread on deleting the open close delay and some other basic and helpful stuff, not for more power but for longevity.

I'll have to fab a bracket to hold those components. That'll be easy enoguh now that I know that's what it requires. Hard to believe Grimmspeed doesn't make a bracket they sell with that module for just such a purpose...

I think the grimmspeed bracket may only work with the stock bracket with a stock inlet.

40e35281418406c8d88096c812b2ea4e.jpg

Based on the dubious modified history of this car, unless you have the luxury of time and enjoy chasing down issues, I’d be tempted to just clean slate the mechanicals and just start your build :). Since you have a shop and a comfort level for jumping into it, (and the car isn’t needed for a daily), and you are pretty much planning for a new motor anyway, why not just start the process? Probably not worth the time and effort to band aid it short term don’t you think?

You have a grimspeed ebcs. Once you are able to read the tune in the ecu, check the wastegate duty cycle map. Its stored values should definitely not be stock. They should be smaller. If they put back the stock tune and left that ebcs installed, you will probably overboost a lot.

You have a grimspeed ebcs. Once you are able to read the tune in the ecu, check the wastegate duty cycle map. Its stored values should definitely not be stock. They should be smaller. If they put back the stock tune and left that ebcs installed, you will probably overboost a lot.

Yea I was thinking if you could read the tune, it'd give you some info. But I just don't know what info or how to interpret it haha.

OP, if/when you are able to download the current ROM you have on you car, you could compare your target boost values including your 'initial wastegate duty' and 'max wastegate duty' tables to the ones shown in the picture below. Those were from my stock ROM for my 05 OBXT manual trans (look at the 2D tables to the left of the picture).

attachment.php?attachmentid=260015&d=1514594880

I'm betting the PO had an AP and unmarried it prior to the sale thus reverting back to the factory tune. Which could explain all of your current issues.

Just a guess though.

/ME: Thinks bingo! Tuner I spoke today also thought the same. We will see soon. I need to get the downpipe and wideband on there for him.

OP, if/when you are able to download the current ROM you have on you car, you could compare your target boost values including your 'initial wastegate duty' and 'max wastegate duty' tables to the ones shown in the picture below. Those were from my stock ROM for my 05 OBXT manual trans (look at the 2D tables to the left of the picture).

attachment.php?attachmentid=260015&d=1514594880

Whoa! That's the first time I've seen one of those. This is the future I guess.