LegacyGT.com

What roof rack system??

Here's my Thule kit from years ago. notice I had to get both wagon and sedan mounts to move the ski box far enough forward so the hatch would open fully.

DSCN5049.thumb.JPG.bde87e7779ee5f80f1273bef9e7706f1.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How long is that box and what size are your skis? I have an outback so rails are different but normal skis out here are like 100 underfoot 180 length.

Debating on box, rack, cross bar options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My every day ski is 90 under foot, 177cm long, curd skis are 110 and 177cm long fat skis are 119 underfoot and 183cm long. Other skis fall into the lower end of those.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Another option is getting same (I think same, or around there..last of the boxy chassis) MY forester cross bars. They are wider than the rails on the legacy but if you are willing to devote the time to measure and cut they work great. I was thrown off by the taper to the rear that the legacy's roof rails have.

The only complaint about them, is I find the forester cross bars to be a bit flexible. By that I mean, there is some wobble to them when I have my MTN bike mounted to the side. For everything else that mounts on both sides of the car, they are perfect and easy / cheap to come by

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

• 2 months later...

b0fe1f6s-960.jpg

db7e1f6s-960.jpg

Best solution is to use Thule product, see my pics. They have aero bars which do not make noise on high speeds,

now also available in black. Expensive, but is worth the price.

These are much better than OEM system.