LegacyGT.com

Intake conundrum

On fuel rails I've seen suggested running to the junkyard and getting oe ones from an 08-09 lgt or certain year sti. Don't remember the year. You'll also need top feed tgv. There were some for sale in the forums, or the aforementioned junkyard.

At some point people do a TGV delete right? Any idea what's up with that?

Yup you can just use the top feed OEM fuel rails as they swapped from side feed to top feed in '07 or '08, can't remember. Could opt for aftermarket ones like the IAG ones, they are good kit for sure but meh, OEM is fine for Stg. 2. I'm actually just running the OEM top feed rails on my track car as I just don't feel its really worth it for the extra investment. Could do TGV deletes if you like but not totally required. Won't be leaving any power on the table but some guys have had the TGV motors eventually fail and get stuck in one position. Not super common though. If you're going top feed rails / injectors you have to yank the entire intake off the top of the motor anyway so at that point if you want peace of mind you could put deletes on as its easy at that point. IAG makes some nice ones or you can buy OEM TGV deletes that have been hacked. Edited by shralp

I did a TGV delete because I wanted to reuse those sensor inputs for Oil Pressure and Wideband O2 Sensor. The only thing it really affects for 05-06 is the idle at startup when cold and it doesn't do too much there. Just need to edit the rom and remove the CELs for the missing motors/sensors.

I also liked the idea of removing the motors and sensors, fewer things to go wrong; not to mention that my VF-52 was dang close to touching the sensor on the passenger side.

Yea from what I can tell it's not really needed until north of 350hp. Maybe more. And even then it's a minimal thing. I think people mostly just don't like the idea of the tgv. I just pulled the butterfly valves off mine but I didn't really know what I was doing at first. Was a dumb decision, either go full tilt or leave them.

I mainly say it because you'll need to go from side feed to top feed tgv anyway. And you're already modding the car and getting a tune so just delete the cel and spend the $150 for some deletes. The idea of using those sensors for inputs is something I hadn't heard of though and seems an interesting idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea from what I can tell it's not really needed until north of 350hp. Maybe more. And even then it's a minimal thing. I think people mostly just don't like the idea of the tgv. I just pulled the butterfly valves off mine but I didn't really know what I was doing at first. Was a dumb decision, either go full tilt or leave them.

I mainly say it because you'll need to go from side feed to top feed tgv anyway. And you're already modding the car and getting a tune so just delete the cel and spend the $150 for some deletes. The idea of using those sensors for inputs is something I hadn't heard of though and seems an interesting idea.

That is super interesting.

TGV delete in your case is more about having to do the side/topfeed conversion already and deleting the TGVs means just one less point of failure down the road.

The car must also be tuned when deleting the TGVs so it's a logical time to do it.

For your power level I'd absolutely look for an 08-09 LGT top feed setup. There's a DIY for gutting your TGV housings but that is not for the novice IMO.

Some of us may or may not have a set of already-converted top feed deletes they didn't end up using <.< >.>

Lol I'm trying to get him to buy yours!

Yea as said it's more about just already being in there. I thought about painting mine but like you can barely see them. And yea the diy is not for the novice. Like if you're going that route, I would 100% make sure you have solid air tools. Even trying to dremel off the the friggin mud flap bolts was a PITA.

For the price, if someone had already started it then I'd go for it. For engine bling, it's certainly cool but I think I'd do black with the intake manifold.

5d1ad97ed7f4c95911fd419227d7e30b.jpg

It's that little thing there. The other is behind the turbo inlet. That one will be covered by the ac. But say you had gold tgv and purple fuel rails and covers. Yea I'd be way into that.

Wait these cars are about self control? Shit. Shoulda told me before I ended up like uhhh 20k into it. And that's for a stage 0 build.

They're actually about cognitive biases and self-deception. We should all actually be driving boosted/lowered CR-Vs