LegacyGT.com

Best tuner/e tuner around Springfield mass area.

I’ve been using cobbs stage 2 tune with my 05 legacy gt for about 6 months, everything worked great and the car ran smooth, never had any issues with knock. Recently though I’ve been getting knock, and yesterday a damm decrease that went back after about 30 seconds. The car also isn’t running as smoothly nor making the correct power even though it seems to be boosting to 17psi. I’m looking for a tune to get this sorted. What would be the best tuner/ e tuner around the western mass area?

Your lucky. He's in Vernon CT right off exit 65 on RT84.

Tuningalliance.com

tuningalliance@gmail.com Is how to get ahold of Mike. Before you waste his time and cost you more money, make sure you have made sure your car is in good running condition.

Have you done the simple things like cleaned the MAF sensor, made sure the correct spark plugs are in good shape, air filter is clean.

Have you done a smoke test or boost leak test of the vacuum hoses ?

Have you run a can of fuel system cleaner like Berryman B14 from Walmart through the car

I pull the hose off the air filter box, plug it with a pint size paint can, pull the small hose of the Blow Off Valve, give that hose a quick short blast of air from my compressor and put my thumb over the hose and listen for leaks.

Mike has kept both my cars running great for many years now with his great tune. With routine up keep my cars run flawlessly.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It does sound like you have issues that just a tune won't solve.

Your car needs to be mechanically sound before any attempt at tuning.

Otherwise you could damage things further by doing the multiple WOT pulls that tuning for power requires. (along with wasting your time and money and the tuner's time)

How many miles are on the car and what mods are done? As others have said, it sounds like you may have some mechanical issues going on. I would start with a compression test to make sure all cylinders are within 5-10% of each other.