LegacyGT.com

Love my car, why don't you?

GAS- that's my issue...

Crapy gas mileage...that's my issue...

4 cylinder that gets 8 cylinder mileage...that's my issue

(i'm talkin 15-16mpg, without a lot of boost...)

OTHER THAN THAT, I love her...

wow i must drive really softly, on the highway i averaged 27.5mpg at 74mph on a 200 mile trip. and arround town 24.5mpg. And thats dividing the fuel used from fill up to fill up divided by miles driven, not the cars computer thingy..

i would tend to think the opposite about sites like this. i think big fans are more likely to forgive their cars shortcomings. how can we say their isn't enough positive affirmation when their are guys who have said in previous threads that they would rather have this car than porsches, lexus, MB, BMW M series, etc. I would tend to think that this quite a significant amount of adulation.

In reality, I think that we're just not the apologists that German car owners are and therefore can see it's shortcomings, but I think almost 90% of the posts are from people who love this car and are spending all kinds of money to have it love them back.

This wouldn't be a car-enthusiast Forum without some bitchin' and moanin'! :lol:

---

I do love Winky - and at her current power level, there's a decent level of fun to be had, and I'm truly happy with her compromise of civility and performance.

Sure, there's little things I'd like to see changed, and small complaints here and there. But overall, for the dollar, I'm more than happy for the bargain.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Big difference between my GT Limited and other new cars I've owned. With all the others, I enjoyed the car most on the first day of ownership. With the Subie, I enjoy it a little more every time I get in and drive as my shifting gets better and I push the car a little more.

I've gotten great info on this forum. I'm cool with a little complaining as it brings about constructive exchange of ideas.

But as an overall package, the LGT can't be beat. This is the first car I've driven for a year and didn't spend the whole time thinking about what I wanted next or lamenting over what I should have gotten. It's not only a fun car, but I feel smart for having bought it every time I get in it.

Ditto.

It's just soooo damn secsy!

GAS- that's my issue...

Crapy gas mileage...that's my issue...

4 cylinder that gets 8 cylinder mileage...that's my issue

(i'm talkin 15-16mpg, without a lot of boost...)

OTHER THAN THAT, I love her...

one thing you missed....

4 cylinder engine that get 8 cylinder POWER!! :icon_tong

If you think it's fun now, you should add Cobb AP. Then see what a real smile feels like. Add a few small mods and you'll be in haven.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I believe that's a tad over 3k miles ;) In any case, I love the car, and yes I imagine it will have problems. Hence the warranty. The one thing you do pay for with the more expensive cars (lexus and the like) is the loaner whenever you drop it off. None of the subaru dealers around here have them :(

i had a free loaner from subaru.

All I'm seein on dyno charts is HARDLY 300 whp, that's hardly V8,

Yeahbut, not all V8's are cranking out 300whp. Case in point: 1986 Pontiac GP 2+2 came stock with a 305ci (5.0l), 4 bbl carb and 165 hp. Blech.

As for loaners, my dealer just last year started doing the loaner thing. I think it is on a dealer by dealer basis but more are doing it.

Damn right I love this car! I traded my '01 outback for it cause I moved and knew I'd having a boring commute in it. the GT is a blast to drive my 30miles to work in.

And yeah, I'm a dork because I turn my radio down so I can hear the high flow air filter I put on. I like the whoosh it makes:icon_bigg .

Cold air intake??? yeah, maybe soon. we'll see

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

That was 1986...

2005 has some beefy V8s comin out...

yeh... but they're in beefier cars, or front-wheel drive (or both)... to get faster 0-60 times you have to spend a LOT more money, or give up some self-respect (i.e. Mustang). I've driven many '70s, '80s and '90s v-8s and some BWM inline 6es... true, the torque hits sooner but they don't hold a candle to the overall package that we have with the LGT unless you're willing to spend at least 50% more, and get 50% less reliability.

Face it -- you done good!! :icon_bigg

Archived