LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT turbo

I'm currently looking at buying a used GT it has 96,000 miles and has had the control arm upgrade and some service done on it recently, New TIMING BELT (Gates brand, the OEM Subaru Timing Belt manufacturer)

• Removed Both Banjo Bolt Filters

• New OEM Subaru Thermostat

• New OEM Subaru Thermostat Gasket

• New WATER PUMP & Gasket

• New OEM Subaru Spark Plugs ( NGK Laser Iridium)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Cogged)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Small Smooth)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Smooth)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (2nd Smooth) - ALL DOUBLE ROLLER IDLERS!!!!

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Hydraulic Tensioner

• New Full Synthetic Oil

• New Oil Filter

• New Oil Drain Plug Crush Washer

• New Antifreeze

• New Front BRAKE PADS

• New Front Brake Rotors

My question is what else am I missing? It looks well cared for and not beat on. price is 8500. any help is appreciated.

Do a compression test and find out if the turbo has been replaced recently. If so then walk away :) also pull the uppipe and replace with a catless one as the cat in the 05 can fall apart and blow your turbo / motor

Do a compression test and find out if the turbo has been replaced recently. If so then walk away :) also pull the uppipe and replace with a catless one as the cat in the 05 can fall apart and blow your turbo / motor

This is very hard to do on a used car, so I would go in thinking that you will be spending some money short after. Most people get into these cars knowing what thing go wrong, and want to add some parts.

talk down the price, if it looks good to you then buy it and then, take it to a Subaru shop that is know and have them look it over. Good luck

I'm currently looking at buying a used GT it has 96,000 miles and has had the control arm upgrade and some service done on it recently, New TIMING BELT (Gates brand, the OEM Subaru Timing Belt manufacturer)

• Removed Both Banjo Bolt Filters

• New OEM Subaru Thermostat

• New OEM Subaru Thermostat Gasket

• New WATER PUMP & Gasket

• New OEM Subaru Spark Plugs ( NGK Laser Iridium)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Cogged)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Small Smooth)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (Smooth)

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Idler (2nd Smooth) - ALL DOUBLE ROLLER IDLERS!!!!

• New OEM Subaru Timing Belt Hydraulic Tensioner

• New Full Synthetic Oil

• New Oil Filter

• New Oil Drain Plug Crush Washer

• New Antifreeze

• New Front BRAKE PADS

• New Front Brake Rotors

My question is what else am I missing? It looks well cared for and not beat on. price is 8500. any help is appreciated.

For an 05 that is a big price. Unless there are a bunch of bolt-ons (which comes with its own potential issues) there is no no reason they should be asking that price considering what other Legacy’s are out there (me being assumptive as most local Craigslists I’ve looked at have a bunch of them). I have an 08 local for $7500 USD. with similar things done. Unless you are desperate, keep looking and something will show up.

$5000.00 tops and all they did was regular maintenance. That's not something out of the ordinary-at least they actually did the maintenance, which could be a good sign. If the turbo is original and hasn't been replaced, look it over carefully, especially look for rust along bottoms of doors, rear quarter panels by rear doors and along trunk lid.

If this is all pretty good, drive it, see if it has check engine lights at WOT for multiple cylinder misfire, (rapidly flashing CE light/cruise light) and if all is good, then offer no more than $5000.00 for it.

Car is 15 years old and most likely has not been driven easily. That's why people buy turbo cars-because they like to go fast. At $8500, they are in another world.

Thank you for all the help. In the NW these cars are usually high for the years at least as far as I have noticed. Don’t really need a turbo car but was a nice option, as most have said this is over priced. Thanks again for all the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk