LegacyGT.com

wow this car is really turning out to be a problem child...

Not to pile up on you, but you've been on here long enough to know that these are pretty darn reliable and that it's pretty indicative that you happened to get a lemon.

Ranting on about Subaru based on a lemon, while everyone else around you with the same vehicle isn't having all the issue you are is really counter productive.

Our 2011 has over 100k on it. Outside of LOF tire rotations and the relate T-belt stuff- I've been lazy as hell.

Still trying to remember the last time I changed the air filter if ever. Never flushed the brakes fluid, never flushed trans or differentials.- Run great.

That all said, it's getting all those things this summer so I can teach the son who inherited it how to do his own work.

you know the problem with statements like this one here is that they make an assumption that the car is 100% problem free or has relatively minor problems...

oh, really?

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Subaru/Legacy/2014/tsbs/

Then why are there so many TSB for this model year of car? one would expect the last model year of a series (2010 to 2014) to have the least amount of issues but I digress...

Also, there are 2 extensions to the power train warranty (one for CVT and one for valve springs on said engine).

Maybe while you are at it, you can teach your son how to not make assumptions...and also while you are at it, explain to me how this is a reliable car? The total experience with this car has been the worst I have never had and that includes my dealing with Subaru of America trying to get them to stand behind this car... (you can search for the thread where I go into detail about this). When I brought the issues of no heat in winter time and craptastic fuel economy to their attention, their response was "we cannot go against the dealer"

3 years to get the no heat issue fixed and 2 years to get the P0171 code fixed. Car is under extended warranty but from the caliper onwards I am fixing this stuff myself as Subaru's dealership network here sucks.

Whitebear Subaru: 3 years to diagnose an issue, they are the originating dealer

Walser: Subaru get car back and only half washed

Bloomington Subaru: Take car in for oil change and airbag recall, get car back and oil filter is not even finger tight and all of the stuff in my center console and glove box s thrown all over the floor.

My coworker has a 2013 Subaru Outback and in the 98K he has driven it, he has replaced the transmission and the catalytic converter...

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

You are a mixed bag of dog boogers. Y'all one big complainer which is a big waste but you have the doggone noggin and two strong arms to geter done. Or as grandma said Bless yur [emoji3590].

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

and you are just an idiot that contributes nothing to any thread you post in so I guess that is life...

Maybe while you are at it, you can teach your son how to not make assumptions...

That's not helpful man.

Moaning about how bad the dealership is to a forum of car enthusiasts is confusing to me. You know we're going to suggest that you do stuff yourself. I get it that you don't think that you should have to, but there's a reason why I do my own maintenance.

That's not helpful man.

Moaning about how bad the dealership is to a forum of car enthusiasts is confusing to me. You know we're going to suggest that you do stuff yourself. I get it that you don't think that you should have to, but there's a reason why I do my own maintenance.

When the car is under warranty, one expects issues to be handled promptly and with competence... what good is a warranty when the car is not being repaired properly...maybe you don't care if your car breaks down or you have to go back multiple times to get stuff fixed, but hey what's 8 weeks and the hassle of going to and from the dealer, when it is not you being impacted amirite? Like it or not Subaru's dealer network is the face of the company, it is whom you deal with when you buy the new (or used) and it is whom you deal with for warranty work if your car as warranty... and when SOA feeds you a line of shit about how they cannot go against the dealer.... and to share my experiences over the last 3 years is not pissing and moaning about it.

I'll wait for you to explain that one... but hey if your wittle feelings get hurt because I am understandably upset with Subaru and their Dealer network, too bad so sad..

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

When the car is under warranty, one expects issues to be handled promptly and with competence... what good is a warranty when the car is not being repaired properly...maybe you don't care if your car breaks down or you have to go back multiple times to get stuff fixed, but hey what's 8 weeks and the hassle of going to and from the dealer, when it is not you being impacted amirite? Like it or not Subaru's dealer network is the face of the company, it is whom you deal with when you buy the new (or used) and it is whom you deal with for warranty work if your car as warranty... and when SOA feeds you a line of shit about how they cannot go against the dealer.... and to share my experiences over the last 3 years is not pissing and moaning about it.

I'll wait for you to explain that one... but hey if your wittle feelings get hurt because I am understandably upset with Subaru and their Dealer network, too bad so sad..

no doubt about it Subaru needs to work on training their Techs better and having some form of consistency when it comes to repairs. each dealership seems to have 1 or 2 trained subaru techs and everyone else may as well be working at jiffy lube. i had an argument the other day with a repair manager trying to convince him that my turbo has coolant lines, not just oil lines. meanwhile this kid drive a forester 2.0XT which has coolant lines to it's turbo... and don't all the new WRX's? and probably at least a few others? I was going to have them change them (because rust belt) while i was in for the air bag recall. well he couldn't figure out a quote, said he would work on it and call me back. no call back, i called again no quote, he also never actually made my appointment... which was booking out 4 months at the time. i don't plan to deal with subaru dealers in the future if i get other subi's they will be used and worked on by yours truly from the start.

Ranting aside, what was the purpose of this thread?

You can write about your complaints to Subaru of America.

https://subaru-of-america.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

complaining aside, what was the purpose of that post?

you can write your complaints here at https://whydoyoucaresomuch.letthemanvent.com/fuckoff.html

Let's keep the personal insults to a minimum, folks. Try to give me a reason not to close this thread, bearing in mind that rehashing issues which have already been addressed in other threads probably isn't going to cut it, and bickering with each other definitely won't help.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7herFk3Zo00JCUWzSWma2bdVT6stA1bEyOQ3nmhUhDqI1EbzKpw

actual footage of 4th genners loading their wagons to come to this thread

My 4th gen wagon came with a blown shortblock and 3 wrecked cylinder heads in the trunk - not a joke. You futuristic gentlemen want it?

I'd drive it to you but my rear brake lines rusted out and my up-pipe cat puked into my turbo, so I'll need a tow.

No worries though, I bought a second one to loot parts from and now I cry a lot.

My 4th gen wagon came with a blown shortblock and 3 wrecked cylinder heads in the trunk - not a joke. You futuristic gentlemen want it?

I'd drive it to you but my rear brake lines rusted out and my up-pipe cat puked into my turbo, so I'll need a tow.

No worries though, I bought a second one to loot parts from and now I cry a lot.

Welcome to the 4th gen guys! That was fast!

Wait, did you just rant about your Subaru??

fRQ7cdI.gif