LegacyGT.com

STI Brake Calipers on 07 SpecB?

Hey, I heard a rumor yesterday at an Autocross event that I could put the STI Brake calipers on my 07 SpecB... Has anyone actually done this or know if it can be done? I guess its easier to say, can the STI Brake calipers go on a Legacy GT? As the SpecB and LGT have the same brakes, I believe...

STI calipers will fit with some adapter. Check the Brake forum, I think there's a thread about it. Unless you have the have the STI calipers, just buy good pads and rotors, make sure your calipers are in good shape and you'll be fine. Put your effort in other places.

The Spec B and LGT have the same brakes. I swap parts around on my cars for years.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Front STI calipers bolt up directly with no adapter, you will need 2004 STI Rotors. The rear will need an adapter and special made DBA rotors that accommodates the LGT EBrake with the STI size rotor. The whole rear kit is about $400 for the rotors and adapter together, brakes not included.

Ok cool, thanks guys. I should have mentioned that I have done some brake work on the car. I have steel braided lines, I have 4 DBA vented rotors, I have 4 Hawk high perf street pads.

The fronts are a pretty easy swap but you’re going to need a set of wheels that will clear the the bigger calipers . The rear setup needs the adapters linked above by Gex.

07spec that setup is solid, as long as you have good fluid you should have no issues. I am using a similar setup with Hawks also, haven't installed the lines yet, but feels better than my other LGT that had brembos.

Unless you want the "look" don't bother with STI calipers, most don't need them.

Ok, thanks. Appreciate the advice. I do have a really noticeable and better brake feel with the steel braided lines, I'd recommend it. Maybe I should bleed my fluid and try a better fluid, I think its just a generic syn dot 4 in there.

Ok cool, thanks guys. I should have mentioned that I have done some brake work on the car. I have steel braided lines, I have 4 DBA vented rotors, I have 4 Hawk high perf street pads.

if you are doing autox, step up to Hawk HP+ for max bite. They'll wear your rotors at a faster clip tho.

Motul 600 or RBF660 brake fluid works well. Flush & bleed before every event.

Rather than stepping up to STI brakes, put in brake ducts and you want cold air flowing thru the brakes more than a couple mm of rotor size. 1 minute autox doesn't tax your rotors.

If you are serious about autox and your car, look in the motorsports section about taking your car to the track. Lots of good info from super experienced ppl who have done it.

Maybe a stupid question, but usually my first when I hear people ask about brake upgrades: What tires are you running? Are you locking up your brakes? If you can lock up you need better tires not better brakes.

Maybe a stupid question, but usually my first when I hear people ask about brake upgrades: What tires are you running? Are you locking up your brakes? If you can lock up you need better tires not better brakes.

I never ask that question, because everyone "knows" bigger brakes are the best upgrade. Usually you find they are running a knockoff brand of cheap all-seasons.

Just like asking if they have changed their brake fluid, ever. Or any of the myriad of fixes that actually improve braking...