LegacyGT.com

Turbo Subaru Wave??

jaronervin

Hello!

I'm new to the turbo Subaru community... in the last month, I've definitely gotten waved at from a few WRX's and STi's.

Is a turbo Subaru wave a thing? Or are the other turbo Subaru owners now looking at me like I'm crazy for waving at them??

I'm in the Baltimore area, in case this phenomenon is location-specific.

I usually get a wave with older WRX/STI’s. 2015+ owners are kind of oblivious to it sometimes. It’s not necessarily exclusive to turbo models here. If you have a nice Subaru, I’ll wave. Never to a BRZ though :rolleyes:

Back when I had my 2.5RS coupe, on the rare occasion I'd see another RS, we'd wave. I got a couple of waves from WRX/STI drivers, but I'd wave at ones I saw and never got a return wave, so stopped waving at them.

And when I had my LGT, don't think i ever got any waves.

Back when I had my 2.5RS coupe, on the rare occasion I'd see another RS, we'd wave. I got a couple of waves from WRX/STI drivers, but I'd wave at ones I saw and never got a return wave, so stopped waving at them.

I definitely got more waves with my 2.5RS, as more WRX/STi people know about it. The LGT Wagon gets a few, but not near as many Subi owner's know about them.

Same with me. A few people would wave so I started waving to the not stock crowd and it wasn't reciprocated so I stopped, unless they wave first. Most of the wrx/sti guys looked at me like I had 2 heads. While it was dumb of me to do, a wrx tried jumping over into a disappearing lane so I blew the doors off that puppy and later up the road when I turned off, i honked and got no response. Honestly, it felt good knowing he couldn't keep up. Time for the youngin's to put some respect on the LGT.

Got a “nice wagon” at a stoplight. Once. From an adult. The waves are rarely returned, so I usually don’t bother with the youfs of America.

Well if CA is anything like WA then it's because people are antisocial here. That being said, I used to get a lot of waves from other Subaru drivers, usually WRX, or other Legacy drivers, but not so much anymore.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song