LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Is that footwell lighting plug and play?

I also have questions about the cargo fan and power folding seats...sounds like more things for me to buy. Where does the rear cargo fan go/what does it do? And the power folding seats, is it just like a button that auto folds the rear seats?

1 hour ago, alex0856 said:

Is that footwell lighting plug and play?

I also have questions about the cargo fan and power folding seats...sounds like more things for me to buy. Where does the rear cargo fan go/what does it do? And the power folding seats, is it just like a button that auto folds the rear seats?

The footwell lighting does require some splicing, although it does have a harness connection on it.

Cargo fan goes in the rear left, opposite side of the subwoofer. I think it was intended for people that go fishing and have stinky fish in the back. Subaru also have an accessory fishing pole rack that goes on the inside along the headliner. I've only ever seen the cargo fan with tan interior plastics.

IMG_6664.jpeg

The power folding rear seats are reclinable and spring loaded, so when you press the button at the back the seat automatically folds flat.

IMG_9665.JPG

Edited by WRX USA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brembo folks, do oem-spec LGT lines work with gold brembos? Front and rear. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

@alex0856, @WRX USA said it well. To add, the rear seat power fold is just a one way function to fold the seats from the cargo area. You'd still have to go to each seat and lift them manually to put them back up. The cargo trim I got also came from a rear seat recline option car and that is actually very simple to retrofit in as you just need the adj striker from Subaru and the rear seat bolster with the button built in to actuate it. If you're going to go this route it would be easiest to buy a JDM rear seat set since the power actuator is located within it. You can tell if it has the actuator in them because you'll see a harness coming out of each side of the seat. But I do have spare actuator pieces if you're interested in trying to retrofit them in your current seats.cargo.thumb.jpg.32e82dc32700864e1f84962b9dd376c9.jpg

I also mostly see the cargo fans in tan but black ones do pop up from time to time on the auctions. There was one that just sold this morning actually. It extracts air from the rear and pushes it out through the pressure vent that's located under the bumper. cargofan.thumb.jpg.12c92b174f3b3740b5cda943277a1e19.jpg

The fishing pole accessory he mentioned is pretty slick.

fishpole.thumb.jpg.c0618aca24b1f667580a5e0d6b3115d3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

@alex0856, @WRX USA said it well. To add, the rear seat power fold is just a one way function to fold the seats from the cargo area. You'd still have to go to each seat and lift them manually to put them back up. The cargo trim I got also came from a rear seat recline option car and that is actually very simple to retrofit in as you just need the adj striker from Subaru and the rear seat bolster with the button built in to actuate it. If you're going to go this route it would be easiest to buy a JDM rear seat set since the power actuator is located within it. You can tell if it has the actuator in them because you'll see a harness coming out of each side of the seat. But I do have spare actuator pieces if you're interested in trying to retrofit them in your current seats.cargo.thumb.jpg.32e82dc32700864e1f84962b9dd376c9.jpg

I also mostly see the cargo fans in tan but black ones do pop up from time to time on the auctions. There was one that just sold this morning actually. It extracts air from the rear and pushes it out through the pressure vent that's located under the bumper. cargofan.thumb.jpg.12c92b174f3b3740b5cda943277a1e19.jpg

The fishing pole accessory he mentioned is pretty slick.

fishpole.thumb.jpg.c0618aca24b1f667580a5e0d6b3115d3.jpg

Did you get the brackets for the rear seats that mount to the body and allow the three recline positions? I remember installing a rivnut in the body to install it.

• Like 1

@WRX USA I did or at least I think I did if we're thinking about the same thing. Part #'s I ordered are below. I found it pretty neat how simple the whole mechanism/operation is. I bet I'll need to do the rivnut as well, we did a quick check of holding it to the spot and it did look like 1 of the spots needed something, other 2 lined up with existing striker mount point.

R - 64375AG100, L - 64375AG110

adjstrikers.thumb.jpg.6de7ae1df73e8d80c06801d9b888e23f.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

@WRX USA I did or at least I think I did if we're thinking about the same thing. Part #'s I ordered are below. I found it pretty neat how simple the whole mechanism/operation is. I bet I'll need to do the rivnut as well, we did a quick check of holding it to the spot and it did look like 1 of the spots needed something, other 2 lined up with existing striker mount point.

R - 64375AG100, L - 64375AG110

adjstrikers.thumb.jpg.6de7ae1df73e8d80c06801d9b888e23f.jpg

Those are them!

• Like 3

On 1/3/2024 at 10:33 PM, effnakedteeth said:

I think I reached my endpoint today. Lifted the front end to start a suspension refresh and power steering pump replace. Saw some oily fluid leak evidence and the inner driver cv boot had split and flung grease around. Must have been recent as it looked ok when the engine was out 2000 miles ago. I'm done working on this thing. Thinking of parting it out or selling. Coming here to get thoughts and experiences on parting a car out. 2005 white wagon with the 5EAT, new 257 short block, reworked heads, JMP VF52 rebuild, new engine wiring harness, all new vacuum and cooling lines, Cobb downpipe and accessport, IAG canister, tuned by Cryotune with 2000 miles on engine. Have all new suspension components to replaced bouncy bits and control arms, and whiteline sway bars. Oh, also has the JDM radio bits. Runs fine, steering pump has starting squeeking on full lock at low speed.

Take a little break and have some rest. Not worth losing a car with that much done to it over a split CV axle boot. It would be coming out for suspension refresh anyway.

White turbo wagons are not easy to come by these days.

• Like 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Slowly working on planning and pulling parts from the blue wagon.

I think I'm going to build a chassis dolly so I can part all the suspension and bracing from the wagon, there is just too much good stuff there that I don't want to lose.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, SubOperator said:

Take a little break and have some rest. Not worth losing a car with that much done to it over a split CV axle boot. It would be coming out for suspension refresh anyway.

White turbo wagons are not easy to come by these days.

I appreciate your response and encouragement along with those of others. I replaced the power steering pump today and it just reinforced I've got other priorities I need my time for.

I'll be listing it for sale locally in Mount Vernon, WA if you or anyone on here may know an interested person. I'll work on creating a for sale post sometime this week or next weekend.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Code said:

Brembo folks, do oem-spec LGT lines work with gold brembos? Front and rear. 

I’m pretty damn certain that’s a yes. My rear lines are stock to the caliper, but my front lines are aftermarket. Still though I think it’s all OE fit with Brembo calipers 

• Like 1

Thx Booze. I’m ordering powder samples today. Excited to get them refinished and installed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I’m pretty damn certain that’s a yes. My rear lines are stock to the caliper, but my front lines are aftermarket. Still though I think it’s all OE fit with Brembo calipers 

They fit but the OEM rear lines are too long.  I needed to zip tie them to the trailing arms to keep the slack from rubbing against the axles.  

• Like 2

@WRX USA @DoctorDaveLGT

Thanks for the explanations I appreciate it. The cargo fan is very cool, if I wasn't using that space for a 2nd battery I'd be all over that. Doctor Dave I may take you up on those actuators once I figure out some other things. I should probably focus on getting the carpet back in to my car haha.

What auction site(s) are you all using?

• Like 3

Yahoo Japan auctions/buyee here as well. It get's a bad rap on the shipping and sometimes you do get bent over but it's honestly not that bad. It all depends on how the seller packages it, same item can have wildly different shipping prices. 

I've taken packages I've bought from the auctions to a retail UPS store and most times that same package shipped via ground to the West coast is more expensive than what I paid for ~7 day shipping from Japan.

• Like 1

In addition to Buyee, which is easy to use because the link is at the top of every listing, I've used https://myjapanbrand.com/ which I found on the JapanParts.com page and https://importmonster.com.au/. There are some items that Buyee won't allow you to purchase and the other buying services are helpful for those items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

Slowly working on planning and pulling parts from the blue wagon.

I think I'm going to build a chassis dolly so I can part all the suspension and bracing from the wagon, there is just too much good stuff there that I don't want to lose.

@infosecdad:

what color is the interior? Does the sunroof still have the little arms that pull back the sunshade?

Im looking to buy those and the door weatherstripping and some tan interior pieces.

thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Code said:

Thx Booze. I’m ordering powder samples today. Excited to get them refinished and installed. 

You’re going to be so happy once it’s all done. LGT brakes are good, but I absolutely love my Brembo setup.

Are you still using the stock MC or upgraded sti unit?  I don’t plan on changing mine. Just doing caliper/rotors/pads. 

2 hours ago, Code said:

Are you still using the stock MC or upgraded sti unit?  I don’t plan on changing mine. Just doing caliper/rotors/pads. 

I only did the fronts, there's no point in doing the rears, matter of fact the front oem calipers are quite good as-is so a 2004 sti front brembo swap only needs the calipers, 04sti caliper bolts (brembos have different thread pitch than standard LGT), pads, and the larger diameter 04 sti rotors. Stock mc is fine.

Edited by TonyF

3 hours ago, Code said:

Stock MC, but I do have a GS brace, which I feel is worthwhile for the minimal cost. My wagon comes to a blistering halt

I didn’t get mine repainted, and I’m regretting that bc they could use it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashtone said:

@infosecdad:

what color is the interior? Does the sunroof still have the little arms that pull back the sunshade?

Im looking to buy those and the door weatherstripping and some tan interior pieces.

thanks!

It's tan, sent you a PM