LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Drove the balls off it. Hauled a couple kegs. Might have messed up a tail light socket with said keg. Oops.

Still haven’t put a whole 3000 miles on it since I bought it in March.. it gets driven 45 miles to work Monday and just sits there all week till I get back Friday, for the most part.

I did lightly kick the front bumper cover to snap it back into place. Apparently it wants to leave the car above 120mph. Who knew? [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was wanting to do the video stuff? Slow TV but driving? I can find my old pm from them. Are they still active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that was me, I'm still waiting to reinstall my fuel tank and subframe.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Washed up my "new" 05 LGT wagon.

Details:

2005 LGT Wagon

5MT

Leather w/ dual zone HVAC

previous owner had Access Port and is "stage 2+" they say

All corners Koni Adjustables

Unknown EVERYTHING ELSE.

All I truly know about the car is that the body is SOLID (and has been in OH for a while). It is pretty clean, pulls HARD (I came from a 2016 Honda Civic), and drives well (while stiff, I believe that the Koni's are adjusted pretty stiff).

Anybody's input would be GREAT! I just want to have fun in it and make it mine. Want to get rid of the stereo and fix the drivers seat (small tear in bottom cushion).

284545872_2005LGT(2).thumb.jpg.d0846ac058798941cc2d52e03f0527b3.jpg

JMack, I must be the only one, but I think the stock stereo sounds pretty good in the wagons. I like it better than the unit in my Spec B.

Learn how to check the oil and keep an eye on oil usage. Always top it off when you check it.

Yes the Koni's can be adjusted softer. You should have the white knob's in the car somewhere. DSCN4976.thumb.JPG.45278704da069f129fe4a2eef4dd4d2a.JPG

Check around local body shops for someone who can fix the tear in the seat.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

That's the service manual for you.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you all! I will use the manual for sure.

I am familiar with Subaru and EJ engines. I have a 1997 LGT wagon (not moving on its own right now) and a 2011 Outback.

For the radio, I want something with bluetooth audio and GPS built in (I do electronics in aircraft for a living, so have gotten accustomed to the newer moving map stuff).

Welcome to the forum. To swap out the radio you will need a double din with an i88 adapter harness. There's a double din for sale here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-double-din-hvac-without-i88-286342.html

There's also a forum member selling i88 adapters in this thread here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/thinking-making-i88-adapters-284985.html

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

07 LGT.

I have a turbo from JMP arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to get that installed. :cool:

I pulled the banjo from turbo oil line, checked the bolt near uppipe as well, no filter. Any other places I should look on an 07? I could find any other nippled bolts in the arcade areas.

20210701_093458_copy_954x567.jpg.7b3ddedbd88a971f7f3f0d55ea4516ca.jpg

That does not look too bad. How about the one behind the driver side timing belt cover? pain to access but there is a trick 'ala HAMMERDOWN'.

Yeah, not bad for 100k miles.

Yeah I read about the long way and the trick.

Can someone confirm there is a filter in that spot on an 07? I don't see a nip on the bolt unless I'm looking at the wrong one.

Less additional tear down the better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, if there is no nip, then there cannot be a filter. At least, that's my understanding.

I cannot confirm if an 07 has it or not though. How about the bolt on top of the OCV on the driver side? Does it have a nip there? You could easily check this one at least.

JMack, I must be the only one, but I think the stock stereo sounds pretty good in the wagons. I like it better than the unit in my Spec B.

Max I thought it was just me but I had the same feeling after I swapped my 05 headunit for 07 with mp3 input when CD changer broke (hit some major pothole driving through NYC at night).

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

well, if there is no nip, then there cannot be a filter. At least, that's my understanding.

I cannot confirm if an 07 has it or not though. How about the bolt on top of the OCV on the driver side? Does it have a nip there? You could easily check this one at least.

I'll double check, don't think it did.

Max I thought it was just me but I had the same feeling after I swapped my 05 headunit for 07 with mp3 input when CD changer broke (hit some major pothole driving through NYC at night).

My wagon has the sub and the mid-range speaks up in the doors, the same as the Spec B, but IMO the wagon sounds so much better.

I've said before a ski buddy who had a 05 Outback XT, said the same thing about his stereo.

I find the wagon seems to have the music right around my head, the Spec, it sounds like it either in the front window or behind me.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^ this.. SRS is what makes the newer head unit sound better. I moved the 08 specB stereo into my wagon and it was waaay better with the SRS effect in my experience.

Although, I finished the JDM double din install about an hour ago and I absolutely love it.

I agree the SRS sounds a lot more full. Best bang for the buck, because it has Aux, Satellite input (for satellite radio or an iPod interface (I use the ipod interface and love it))

If you have more time and are willing to dig deeper, installing the Harman Kardon sounds the best IMO.

Also adding some form of butyl sound dampening behind the speaker and foam sound dampening on the moisture barrier, will make the stock speakers sound way better.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Although, I finished the JDM double din install about an hour ago and I absolutely love it.

What make/model HU did you install?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Went with a pretty simple unit, Boss BV755B. They had it on the shelf at AutoZone for $135 and had solid reviews online.

I'll eventually convert my cubby to a dedicated BtSsm setup.

1810103315_Screenshot_20210702-1032472.thumb.png.4614b799416b1595b2d8d82a2d43d7b6.png

Edited by BoozeRS05
Uploaded a better pic