LegacyGT.com

NEED HELP ASAP (Cylinder 2 misfire driving me insane.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I didn't count the teeth I just lined everything up. I'm goi g to have to tear it all back appart tomorrow could being off a tooth or 2 cause that slow weird crank? Also is it possible to not pull the radiator back out to redo the timing? I don't want to waste the new antifreeze I just added lol.

No I didn't count the teeth I just lined everything up. I'm goi g to have to tear it all back appart tomorrow could being off a tooth or 2 cause that slow weird crank? Also is it possible to not pull the radiator back out to redo the timing? I don't want to waste the new antifreeze I just added lol.

I always check timing by counting teeth between pulleys. There is a page on the FSM showing how many teeth you should have between pulleys.

I have changed the timing belt four times I think, and I never bothered removing the radiator/draining, etc.. :spin:

How about coil plugs? Black to the back.

Totally. Check that!

Oh yea I've taken thoes damn things off so many times I could do it blindfolded lol. I'm really thinking I'm just off on the timing. It just sounds like like the timing is off. And I'll recheck all the connectors just to make sure.

Yea I tried to start it 3 times same affect happened slow weird sounding crank. If for some reason redoing the timing don't fix it and it's still doing the weird crank I'll take a video of it and if I remember I'm going to take pics of the timing marks when I get it all set back up.

Hmm ok guess that's my next move is to check the cam pulley I am prety sure that the pin seated the right was but I'll double check. Oh and the first time I timed it we were worried that I used the arrow on the crank cog to line up but I didn't I used the hash mark that was the first thing I checked but forgot to tell you.

Archived