LegacyGT.com

NEED HELP ASAP (Cylinder 2 misfire driving me insane.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the video - it's out of time from the way it acts. At least from what I did see you have hand cranked it to make sure no interference occurred so it's just to go back and check all timing marks - and take photos of all marks, not just the crank markings but also both sides of the cams.

A compression test would be the way to go at this stage, it would indicate which side that's off if nothing else.

And if they all line up as they should it's still the possibility that one sprocket is incorrectly mounted.

453747.png

This might be a stupid question but if I torqued the cam Phillies done to much would that maybe cause this?

There is a procedure to torquing the gears. If I recall correctly it nets about 70lbft but I can’t see over torquing them causing this issue

Ok everyone thanks for all the help I got it all done and everything is running great I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had the driver side intake cam 180 out lol. The 2 dash marks was on top instead of bottom. What messed me up was there was 2 paint marks on the single dash and only one on the double dash (really weird) but when I went to put my neon pink paint on all the timing marks I noticed it. So I just retimed it correctly and it fired right up. And it is running great great not one miss in our long trip today (checking using the btssm) now I need to figure out why I'm only getting between 10 and 11 psi boost. Car is completely stock for now and I know from all this work there is no boost leaks or other issues and I've checked shaft play in the turbo and there is absolutely none it feels like a brand new turbo not one with 88k. So any ideas or is that normal stock boost?

Great news!! Happy for you.

What are your latest long term fuel trims?

Begin logging the boost target parameter, and see what your error is (boost target - actual boost). I will post later a screenshot of the stuff that I view live each time btssm runs on my car.

There is a table in your stock tune which dictates the boost level given your driving conditions. Your actual boost level should reach the target level set in your stock tune. Usually, you should be really close to the target boost.

Archived