LegacyGT.com

2006 GT ... predictions? facts?

[quote name='wunderkind']Hello, Any idea what the 2006 GT would come with? HIDs? 6spds? WR-STi version sporting 350hp? thoughts....[/quote] I really doubt that it'll have anymore power than the '05. If there are any bugs in the '05 model, they should be worked out in the '06 model. There is a good chance we'll see more options in the '06 model like navigation, homelink, HIDs, maybe an upgraded sound option. That would be about it. - Mike

My bet is the 2006 Legacy will have Navi as an option, with a maybe for HID's and the McIntosh stereo upgrade. Thats it. Its rare to introduce such radical upgrades after only one year. Those tranny and engine mods are 3 years off if I could venture a guess. Hell, the Japanese market hasnt even released a Legacy STi over there yet, so if anything, we would get that model a year after the Japanese market.

What about a release date for the 2006? Seems like we are going to have a 2005.5 before a 2006. no? I couldn't imagine them releasing a 2006 until mid-late 2005. So is that this time, next year? Who knows. But I am definately waiting for whatever the next model year designation is. Just hope I don't have to wait too long. Peace, Dave

Dave, I can't recall the last time Subaru did a mid-year model change/addition. I think it is just too early to tell what will change/update/be new for MY06. I'll get ahold of some people maybe late this fall, early winter to get a better perspective on it.

I know someone metioned it before here, but are all the 2005s already built? If not - wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that Subaru would work out some of the bugs they are finding with the early builds? They wouldn't be called 2005.5s, just 2005 late builds.

[quote name='frankcal']I know someone metioned it before here, but are all the 2005s already built? If not - wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that Subaru would work out some of the bugs they are finding with the early builds? They wouldn't be called 2005.5s, just 2005 late builds.[/quote] They just started building them in March. Subaru doesn't do mid-year model updates. Therefore, all vehicles produced through probably about next spring will be an '05.

If the past is any indicator of future behavior, Subaru has typically kept year-to-year modifications fairly minor until they hit a mid-model redesign/refresh. My guess: - Nav option - Seatbelt chime that doesn't nag you to death - Key fob with ability to open all doors with one touch Further down the line I can envision: - Telescoping steering wheel - Improved audio - New colors Ken

Ahhhhhhh Jedi, always the optimist! For example, Fuji has released the MY05 Spec here in Oz for delivery in September 04, meaning that the MY06 Spec could be launched around the same time, but remember this is the JDM version. Agree with most of the upgrades that ppl have posted, I think HID is a given with the Stero and SatNAV as pure options. Different rims should be on offer and Im sure for the USDM, a different tyre package will be on offer too. With Oz getting a lot of the JDM models, its hard to say exactly what we will/wont get on the cars, but it will be very interesting. I think with the JDM model, the Oz, Uk & Nz markets are very inline with eachother regarding updates and modifications so the options list Im sure will really open up.

For 06, I am hoping the following: (part wish list, part reasonable expectations) Electronics: One touch up and down for all windows, moon-roof. MP3 Stereo, Wheel controls, and aux in for Sat/iPod, optional on Legacy and OB models. Econ function on ACC, Switchable metric-imperial measures on trip computer, cruise that stays powered on at engine re-start. Tire Pressure Monitoring optional on all models. SAT/DVD NAV in cubby location, as on JDM models. HID High and low beams optional, for those with a tech fetish, and extra cash. Mechanical: no major powertrain changes, other than maybe VTD on 5MT. probably not. Uprated tire/wheel option, 18x7.5 wheel (styled like JDM Spec-B, if we're lucky) Body-interior San Remo Red and Chrystal Grey added to color lineup. (please!!!) smaller, decklid lip spoiler optional. mesh grille optional Blacked-out foglight pockets, rather than body-color. Body re-informcements/Airbags in response to recent tests. (everyone wants a safer car, if it can be had.) Big surprise: STi Version released in the spring of 06, simultaneously in all markets for the first time ever!, with WRX STi's 300hp, 6mt drivetrain. (this is highly un-likely, but I wish it would happen, or spring 05 for JDM, spring 06 for USDM.) WR Blue optional color, as well as red, grey, silver, black, and white. Suby needs something to compete with every other brand's sport versions, Audi S-line, Acura Type-S, BMW M, Mazdaspeed, Jag and Volvo "R" versions, Chrysler SRT-8, etc. Waiting more than 2 years will be too long.

IWSS well said and well put. I especially agree with yr last sentence, two years is way too long and a lot of companies are starting to relise this too and have started to bring out their big-bang models a lot earlier, AUDI and BMW included.

Hey Layman! Bilsteins, maybe (we're having one of out Gineau pigs test that theory), 6-speed with H6? Nope. Frankly, having fun tonight, I'm not sure I'd want an H6 with that tune on the 2.5GT anyhow. Shift mania! An H6 you'd want a 6MT for though. I completely agree with the waiting game. Right now those cars are hot! Get in the game before you're the last one to the party and an afterthought at that. Never know when insuance companies of fuel costs will put a damper on the performance vehicle market once again.

[quote name='SUBE555']Hey Layman! Bilsteins, maybe (we're having one of out Gineau pigs test that theory), 6-speed with H6? Nope. Frankly, having fun tonight, I'm not sure I'd want an H6 with that tune on the 2.5GT anyhow. Shift mania! An H6 you'd want a 6MT for though. I completely agree with the waiting game. Right now those cars are hot! Get in the game before you're the last one to the party and an afterthought at that. Never know when insuance companies of fuel costs will put a damper on the performance vehicle market once again.[/quote] Yeah, I can't wait to get one. All in good time, though - a house comes first! :D

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']For 06, I am hoping the following: (part wish list, part reasonable expectations) Electronics: One touch up and down for all windows, moon-roof. MP3 Stereo, Wheel controls, and aux in for Sat/iPod, optional on Legacy and OB models. Econ function on ACC, Switchable metric-imperial measures on trip computer, cruise that stays powered on at engine re-start. Tire Pressure Monitoring optional on all models. SAT/DVD NAV in cubby location, as on JDM models. HID High and low beams optional, for those with a tech fetish, and extra cash. Mechanical: no major powertrain changes, other than maybe VTD on 5MT. probably not. Uprated tire/wheel option, 18x7.5 wheel (styled like JDM Spec-B, if we're lucky) Body-interior San Remo Red and Chrystal Grey added to color lineup. (please!!!) smaller, decklid lip spoiler optional. mesh grille optional Blacked-out foglight pockets, rather than body-color. Body re-informcements/Airbags in response to recent tests. (everyone wants a safer car, if it can be had.) Big surprise: STi Version released in the spring of 06, simultaneously in all markets for the first time ever!, with WRX STi's 300hp, 6mt drivetrain. (this is highly un-likely, but I wish it would happen, or spring 05 for JDM, spring 06 for USDM.) WR Blue optional color, as well as red, grey, silver, black, and white. Suby needs something to compete with every other brand's sport versions, Audi S-line, Acura Type-S, BMW M, Mazdaspeed, Jag and Volvo "R" versions, Chrysler SRT-8, etc. Waiting more than 2 years will be too long.[/quote] I would like to see ^all of that, along with Bluetooth, and XM as options. -Nick

That'll drive the price of the Legacy way way up! I don't think there will be any major improvements. I like to have Moonroof as option on the bast GT, HIDs and NAV. Would be kewl to get the JDM NAV though. The digital boost gauges are tre kewl!

Maybe some of you should be looking into Acura? I hate to shoot you guys down, and that's not my intention, but you are expecting a lot from a company who sells relatively few cars in a "niche" market. Obvioously they are trying to change this.. but I don't know if the funding is there quite yet.. and Subaru's market hasn't changed enough to justify these doo-dads. I am not saying that these things wouldn't be nice, just that I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I deffinitely wont be holding my breath, believe me I love the Legacy. Just more of a wish list. Thought I really agree with WunderKid, that a optional Moonroof, on non-limited models would be great. (I really like the moonroof, but could do with out leather) And the boost gauge would also be cool. -Nick

navi would be nice, but by the time i get my license (this jan) the 06 will be far from showing up. i would be very satisfied with just adding a thirdparty fold out unit, and as for the speakers, i will replace those too (along witha sub and amp). i could easily sell teh spare parts on ebay when the time comes.

Archived