LegacyGT.com

2006 GT ... predictions? facts?

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Maybe some of you should be looking into Acura? I hate to shoot you guys down, and that's not my intention, but you are expecting a lot from a company who sells relatively few cars in a "niche" market. Obviously they are trying to change this.. but I don't know if the funding is there quite yet.. and Subaru's market hasn't changed enough to justify these doo-dads. I am not saying that these things wouldn't be nice, just that I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.[/quote] Most of the stuff on my list was equipment that is already in place on the Outback, or JDM legacy. The rest would mostly be optional equipment, and would only raise the cost of the cars if the buyer wanted that. Acura TSX holds the market segment should be the market Subaru has squarely in in it's sights for the Legacy GT. Besides, Subaru opened the can of worms by claiming that they want to move up-market. Some of those niceties are the cost of admisssion to that playground. You don't get a market segment before offering the "required" equipment. Until then it will be claimed as a wannabe. (Not my feelings, mind you, but you know what the auto press will say...) You have to speculate to accumulate, right?

Hard to really know what the rest of the world will be getting regarding the 3.0R. There may be to many changes required to make this model USDM compliant and with sales going average over in the US, Japan may wait to see if the popularity increases to put another verision of the legacy/liberty in the US.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I agree that they need to be more flexible with thier options.. remember that before this year's legacy, you couldn't get a manual in a LTD model. I would like to see you be able to order the car in any flavor.[/quote] There were actually only a few years you couldn't get a manual with a Limited trim, 1998, the first ear of the GT limited was one such year. 1999 both were offered. FXT for '04 another occasion. Don't recall any others than the Outback line, which I never tried to understand and don't want to.

Archived