LegacyGT.com

Cobb Custom Features and YOU!(EVEN WITHOUT FLEXFUEL ENABLED)

cryo

Hey guys!

These features do NOT need a flex fuel kit to be installed but can require the fuel pressure sensor for that logging

I am needing to do another couple write ups to explain the ins and outs of flex fuel and what it means for our community. The biggest thing to note as long as they release the same Custom Cobb Features *CCF* that are included with other releases which I will know and update this thread next week.

Custom Cobb Features include things like boost by gear and timing by gear. The other big benefits is it allows additional inputs from other signals such as using the power from the tgv inputs to power a fuel pressure sensor/wideband 02 sensor etc and display and log easily from the accessport. It can be used for most 0-5v sources so this is a benefit for all owners, not just those running flex fuel. You can also use the software to trigger a meth kit in place of the ethanol sensor to trigger a map changeover when meth is being injected.

One of the biggest and best benefits in our opinion with this addition is the ability to use a custom code for fuel pressure differential which allows us to take feedback from the fuel pressure sensor and add or remove injector pulse width to maintain a proper targeted fuel pressure under all situations.....those who are thinking about it can visualize it but here's a couple examples.....

Example #1 - A car has a weak or failing fuel pump but was fine on the dyno a few months before. As the pump starts to go weak the ecu see's the fuel pressure is not rising at a proper rate in boost or is not holding proper pressure at a given target so it starts to add injector duty to maintain targeted pressure thus saving the engine. If the car was being logged it can be seen easily and diagnosed as a pressure issue.

Example #2 - A car has a slight fuel pressure variance and dampening is not keeping ideal targets as you go through the rpms. This allows active adjustment by the ecu to keep as close to ideal pressures with mild to wild fuel systems - NOT A DIRECT FIX FOR "SUBARU STUMBLE"

Example #3 - You have a check engine light pop up under moderate throttle and its a tuner defined low fuel pressure code which stops you from going wide open throttle and potentially can limit boost control to save the engine.

This thread will get updated as time goes by.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

These features should be released with the flex fuel software release next week. Obviously something could change but these features are currently available for all other vehicles with flex fuel options via cobb.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I am very excited to announce that the software update was released this morning and does include all the features mentioned above....

..This means everyone getting a etune/dyno tune etc can enjoy boost by gear, custom sensor logging,fuel pressure differential, even if you dont have the "flex fuel" kit installed...

prices are still good for the rest of the day on the website for cyber monday promo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I know this isn't new to the rest of the Subaru (non-LGT) community, but what sensors (and brands of sensor) are most recommended?

Am I right to assume that although there are 3 provisions for sensor inputs, 2 of them are taken if we run e85 and use the Cobb fuel pressure kit.

That leaves 1 sensor input to display on an APv3.

I'm imagining AFR to be most important for logging/tuning, if so, what brand/model of wideband is best for this specific use?

For racing application or daily use, wouldn't oil pressure sensor be better?

Is there a way to switch between sensors via a hub?

So I know this isn't new to the rest of the Subaru (non-LGT) community, but what sensors (and brands of sensor) are most recommended?

Am I right to assume that although there are 3 provisions for sensor inputs, 2 of them are taken if we run e85 and use the Cobb fuel pressure kit.

That leaves 1 sensor input to display on an APv3.

I'm imagining AFR to be most important for logging/tuning, if so, what brand/model of wideband is best for this specific use?

For racing application or daily use, wouldn't oil pressure sensor be better?

Is there a way to switch between sensors via a hub?

I’m working on a “hub” to allow one of the sensor inputs to be shared actually. My use case was for the Bosch combined oil pressure/temperature sensor and being able to switch it remotely, but it’d be trivial to add capabilities for more sensors.

Any particular feature suggestions?

I am loving this boost by gear comp and wastegate by gear comp with the lgt 5speeds and spec b 6speeds....talk about the best of both worlds when it comes to earliest spool in lower gears and control in higher gears.....

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived