LegacyGT.com

Grease - Engine-to-Transmission

TimothyOnline

The recommended greases are:

• Nichimoly N-130 (1) (eBay only)
    s-l1600.jpg
  • Phillips 66 Multiplex Red No. 2 (2) (widely available in the US)
    P66-Multiplex-P66-Red.png
  • Subaru P/N 000041000 (3)
    IMG_0103_zpsgninsghl.jpg

These are recommended to lubricate the splines and other parts (clutch fork pivot, fork-to-thrust bearing, shaft-to-thrust bearing, shaft-to-pilot bearing). (3)

Purchasing a single cartridge would require access to a nearby ConocoPhillips distributor, none of which exist in Central Virginia, but I have found a vendor, Fastenal, who sells them online by-the-tube:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0411136

$10.27 + tax + shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to clarify, do not put anything on the matting surface of the tranny and block, I believe that is a ground path. This grease is for the clutch area where things need to slide and spin.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It is okay to put neverseize on the alignment dowel pins, and I recommend this, if you anticipate having to remove either the engine or transmission.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
TSB 01-167-08 is floating around on google and has recommended alternatives in case you're unable to find some of those, in addition to alternatives for other things recommended in the FSM.

Here you go: https://community.cengage.com/Chilton2/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-00-19/6507.2804.2008.Subaru.fluids.TSB.update.pdf

01-167-08 09-09-2008 6507.2804.2008.Subaru.fluids, greases.TSB.update.pdf

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Archived