LegacyGT.com

Vibration when driving and clunk sound from front

Vibration starts at about 60 mph. Took the car to get the tires balanced because of the vibration. They checked the wheel bearings and all looked good - I've replaced three of them already. They lifted it off the ground and ran it and you could visually see the car shacking. Also have noticed a clunk sound from the front area when going over a bump. It is especially loud if both tires hit the bump at the same time - like going over a speed bump. Did some searching and it sounds like it might be the front control arm bushings or motor mounts. Going to check the axles and rear drive shaft for play. Any thing else it could be?

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

This was at a tire place. They could only lift it about 1.5 ft off the ground. No one climbed underneath it. That's my job today.:) Drive shaft center support??? Thanks I will look. Did not think of that. Thanks!

Stock GN motor in the DMC. It's way faster than stock but slow by todays standards.

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

I checked everything Saturday and could find no issue(s). So I took it to highly rated repair shop. They could find no issue(s). They said it has to be the tires. So the tire place is going to replace the two front tires. But even if that fixes the vibration there is still the clunking sound going over bumps. Will let the tires get replaced and see if the vibration goes away then I can focus on the clunking sound. I still think there is an issue and vibration and clunking are related.

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

Archived