LegacyGT.com

Mats - Weather / Husky / Maxliner

Have Weathertech in our Honda CRV and Volvo V50. The One's in the Honda seemed to hold up better than the Volvo.

Recently picked up the 2015 Outback and want to get rid of the OEM mats. I'm thinking of checking out Husky or Maxliner. I've read that people aren't thrilled with the under-side of the Husky. Fit is important.

Maybe I should just stick with Weathertech?

I've never seen a Husky mat, so you say is rubbery? That is a consideration to think about. I remember the weathertechs seemed stiff when I got them out of the box. One thing about the stifness is cleaning them. I can hold them in my hand, spray them with water and they aren't flopping like rubber would do. Wish stores carried the brands so I could compare first hand with my eyes and touch.

I did see a weathertech mat for sale at Target but it wasn't laser cut. It was a you-cut-to-fit mat. But if someone is ok with it, the you-cut mat was a heck of a lot cheaper.

I had weathertechs. Loved them. Great fit, and easy to clean up. I also liked the texture over a "rubbery" mat like the husky.

I love my Husky liners. They are not rubbery and have a great fit. I can take them out and hose them off as well. Easy to clean. I have had them in an Elantra and great floor mats.

They are rubbery when you compare them to the WeatherTech. I ONLY buy WeatherTech's as, IMPO, they are the best mats on the market. I have them in all of my cars. Tried the Husky's in my daughters 2015 Fusion and will never use again...the quality and fit of the WT is far superior but they are also more costly.

What is wrong with the OEM mats? My 2018 came with them and they seem fine to me. Good fit and they look good as a floor mat can look. Just curious.

They do not capture spills and melting snow from getting onto your carpet. Yes, they look nice for a floor mat but they do not protect anything!

They do not capture spills and melting snow from getting onto your carpet. Yes, they look nice for a floor mat but they do not protect anything!

I wonder if we're talking about the same mats. Mine have side walls and do a pretty good job. Here's a link to them. Scroll down the link for the High Wall Floor Mats and have a look at the short video. I think they're ok for most normal use although spills and heavy snow and mud are a problem with any floor mats.

WeatherTech mats may be better but they are almost twice the price. I got the Subaru mats included at no cost with the car purchase so all the better!

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebSiteID=282&WebPageID=21548&Range=Legacy&ModelYear=2018

http://www.findway.ca

I've used their mats in my last three cars. Fantastic fit, OEM carpeted look, waterproof backing. Far less expensive than weathertechs plus because they're carpeted they aren't slippery when cold or wet.

Those look awesome. I had WT mats in my BRZ, and they were nice, but they were a bit slippery when wet. The OEM all-weather mats are definitely a step down.

I wonder if we're talking about the same mats. Mine have side walls and do a pretty good job. Here's a link to them. Scroll down the link for the High Wall Floor Mats and have a look at the short video. I think they're ok for most normal use although spills and heavy snow and mud are a problem with any floor mats.

WeatherTech mats may be better but they are almost twice the price. I got the Subaru mats included at no cost with the car purchase so all the better!

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebSiteID=282&WebPageID=21548&Range=Legacy&ModelYear=2018

Unless I recall incorrectly, the new 2018 Subaru mats with side walls were announced around Dec 2017 (here in the US) , of course, just after I had made my car purchase. My OEM weather mats are pretty much flat with no side protection.

They are rubbery when you compare them to the WeatherTech. I ONLY buy WeatherTech's as, IMPO, they are the best mats on the market. I have them in all of my cars. Tried the Husky's in my daughters 2015 Fusion and will never use again...the quality and fit of the WT is far superior but they are also more costly.

Agreed. The best mat out there is WT. Yes you pay more but it's 10x a standard Subaru mat and beats any other mat I have seen. I look up the number on the web site then grab them off Amazon. That usually saves a few bucks + shipping.

Weathertech sucks. Not sure how anyone can recommend them. They don't hold their shape worth a damn.

I bought them for the Legacy and though maybe the ones we got were a fluke, purchased them for the Flex and same garbage.

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12285

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12284

Weathertech sucks. Not sure how anyone can recommend them. They don't hold their shape worth a damn.

I bought them for the Legacy and though maybe the ones we got were a fluke, purchased them for the Flex and same garbage.

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12285

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12284

I've never seen WeatherTech mats do that. Have you contacted them for warranty replacement?

I've never seen WeatherTech mats do that. Have you contacted them for warranty replacement?

^^^THIS! Never seen that before and I have been using these mats forever. Call them as that is not normal at all.

The ones in the Flex doing the exact same thing. On forums for other vehicles I'm on, other people have the same issue with them not holding shape.

Here are the ones in the Flex:

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12289

picture.php?albumid=2690&pictureid=12288

Very odd and mine on the Volvo never came close to doing what you posted. They just aren't that soft. I'd contact WT.

I had Weather Techs in my last two BMWs. Decided to give Husky a try since it was on sale for less than $100.

Almost four years old. Just rinsed all the beach sand and dog hair out. Still looks good.

C3924962-5491-40_CB-8190-958_D2_DE34548.jpg

^^^THIS! Never seen that before and I have been using these mats forever. Call them as that is not normal at all.

Same.

Never seen it. Must have something holding them in that position for a long time to make them do that. May lay them out in the sun for a bit if weather tech wont do anything.

Same.

Never seen it. Must have something holding them in that position for a long time to make them do that. May lay them out in the sun for a bit if weather tech wont do anything.

No nothing holding them in that position for a long time. They managed to do it on their own- both sets.

As I mentioned other forums people have had the same complaint, but since so many on here said they haven't, I contacted WeatherTech and already have new rears for both vehicles on the way free of charge.

Have to give the great CS props. Hopefully the new ones don't do the same thing.

No nothing holding them in that position for a long time. They managed to do it on their own- both sets.

As I mentioned other forums people have had the same complaint, but since so many on here said they haven't, I contacted WeatherTech and already have new rears for both vehicles on the way free of charge.

Have to give the great CS props. Hopefully the new ones don't do the same thing.

Had you purchased them from WTech? They have a pretty long list of places they wont provide warranty service for, including Amazon.

Archived