LegacyGT.com

Mats - Weather / Husky / Maxliner

No nothing holding them in that position for a long time. They managed to do it on their own- both sets.

As I mentioned other forums people have had the same complaint, but since so many on here said they haven't, I contacted WeatherTech and already have new rears for both vehicles on the way free of charge.

Have to give the great CS props. Hopefully the new ones don't do the same thing.

Glad you got WT to help you out. I've never had to use their Customer Service, but I understand it is excellent.

Had you purchased them from WTech? They have a pretty long list of places they wont provide warranty service for, including Amazon.

Yes I bought them direct. Now a days you don't save enough from Amazon considering how many fakes products are on there. It's worth paying a little more.

They just looked up my purchase record and sent out the new mats. If I had bought them somewhere else I would have had to find my receipt for 7 year old mats- no thanks.

I just bought some WT's for the 15 Outback. I was going to buy Husky but I only wanted front mats because nobody ever rides in the rear seats so the rubber OEM mats in the rear are ok with me. Husky would only sell the entire set of front / rear, so I went with WT. The cargo mat is OEM and fine with me.

Darn I did not think of the warranty. I bought off Amazon because I had a $30 bonus on my Discover card that could only be used on Amazon. So if the WT's need warranty coverage I am out of luck? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
I have had weather tech mats in other vehicles and while they did their job, but they always got faded quick. you have to buy special cleaner for them to keep the black color looking good. I went with the husky for my legacy and they are awesome. not as thick as weather tech, but i like them better.

Where did you get them? Before purchasing my WT mats, I looked at the subbie dealer accessory line but didn't see any high-walled mats.

Not to belabour it but I have the OEM high wall mats. They fit perfectly, look good and they're half the price of the WT mats. No sign of curling yet...

Where did you get them? Before purchasing my WT mats, I looked at the subbie dealer accessory line but didn't see any high-walled mats.

Iirc, the high wall version came out around last Dec/Jan. Took possesion in Dec and the weather mats were flat. Shortly after I read about the Subaru high wall weather mats.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2016 cpo legacy came with carpet mats. The front mats were fine but the back mats were garbage. They have nothing to hold them in place so they slide forward leaving a huge like 4-6inch gap that lets dirt get ground into floor. I ended up getting the huskys on an open box from Amazon for $100. I like them alot although I wish that didn't have huge logos. I'd say they are a little more plasticky then I expected, compqred to how my Jeep rubber mats were, but they also are way easier to clean since the Jeep ones weighed a ton and had a million ridiculous grooves to clean.

@uurdrvk if you bought on Amazon and the seller was Amazon or another authorizer retailer youll be covered on warranty. Heck even ny open box Amazon warehouse deal ones are covered. You can check your past order history invoice to see the seller.

Archived