LegacyGT.com

The newest issue with my car....coolant comming out of overflow tank

Well this is just getting to be more and more fun... 50,9xxx miles. This car has a history of needing air purged from the system and no heat during winter.

I have since I bought the car over 2.5 years ago with 19.5K on it smelled coolant on and off over the years with this car but could never find an external leak...until this morning.. driving to work and I smell coolant again... So I get to work and open the hood and find this (attached)

So now this car is still under warranty so off to Subaru it goes...

subaru-coolant.jpg.8c67f8aa796c850348eb2eff2100338c.jpg

For how many miles, you have on your car you have had more than your share of bad luck with it. IIRC you bought it with low miles on it. I wonder if the prior owner was experience these issues and didn't bother with the warranty repairs or did something bad happen early in its life and the owner just traded it in.

My '12 2.5i was mechanically flawless in the 80k miles I owned it and I am confident that it is still going strong. If I hadn't desired to own a faster car like my GT, I would still be driving it.

Yeah I am not sure what the deal is

I change the oil every 5500 miles

I have changed the fluids as needed

I literally use this car to drive back and forth to work and my trips to visit my parents 2x a year (1500 mile round trip)

I bought the car from the same dealer that sold it new and they told me the only issue they had outside of normal service was the lady could not pair the phone with the car.

Issues I have had

1. Hood not adjusted, fixed under warranty

2. fuse for 12V power blown, fixed under warranty

3. Subaru broke the transmission's front differential when they did the 30K service, they fixed it

4. No head and crap MPG, I replaced MAF after them having the car for a total of 6 weeks and replacing rear O2 sensor

5. Now this...as long as it gets handled, I am not that concerned... 2018 loaner here I come lol

Ugh. Hope it’s something simple. When my GT would overflow the reservoir on sustained highway jaunts it was the head gaskets.

Another member with a FB25 just needed new head gaskets. Hope this doesn’t become a recurring issue on these “new” motors.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/desperate-help-random-overheating-270460.html?t=270460

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a lot of your posts on your issues and I'd be either screaming my head off at Subaru over everything or dumping the lemon. You should not be having to deal with any of this on a 50k car with a warranty.

I second what Moral said, I wouldn't be surprised if a head gasket is blown.

Archived