E-4

May 06 - present

Tinker AFB, OK

Currently almost halfway throught my deployment

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Hoooah Staff Sgt.

I dont remember if I posted this or not.....but Im finally paid for First Class....WOOT!

now I can go and give the gobernment moar moniez

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

• 3 months later...

Thought this would be a good thread to post this...

http://www.crawspace.com/web3/military_daughter.jpg

A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.

Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq.

So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go.

No one had the heart to pull her away.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Little-Soldier-Girl-Didnt-Want-to-Let-Go-63629627.html?yhp=1

I'm pretty callous when it comes to guys going to war... because I've had to be. But this image really got to me.

I actually took my current orders so I could be with my daughter, unfortunately it's a deployable set yet again. This really hit home with me too. I can be shot at, I can even go without seeing the sun for months on end, but to see my kid cry that is a feeling I'll never be able to live with.

Glad I don't have kids right now, but I am extremely thankful I didn't have any in 2004 when I was playing USMC grunt over in the sandbox. Having the wife crying all over the place was bad enough.

2 1/2, maybe 3 months left. SHOULD be my last time here in iraq. sick of training these dumbass iraqis. hopefully i can get a few months stateside before afghanistan pt. 3 or iran.

Man am I glad I didn't have to take any part in training those dip shit Iraqis. Instead we got to focus on shooting them if they wanted to pick a fight.:lol:

I've firmly been entrenched in the "no mixed gender crews" camp for the past 7 years or so.

Well now you too will get to experience the joys of having females on your boat.... getting knocked up in the middle of a deployment, causing sexual harassment issues, and playing the gender card all the time.

So glad I was in a grunt unit.:lol:

Man am I glad I didn't have to take any part in training those dip shit Iraqis. Instead we got to focus on shooting them if they wanted to pick a fight.:lol:

at least this time i get to play fobbit with them. broke wire less then 10 times in a year is nice. last time we would be rolling and get shot at by the IA working checkpoints that were assigned to us to train....

stage 2

• 6 months later...
just signed on this week for 4 years of active reserve for the Coast Guard, intending on doing part time reserve with homeland security in New Jersey. I'm being sent to basic training in 6 months.

Congrats. Into which MOS/rate are you going?

Depending on your plans, you may not be able to stay in NJ for your entire career. I have a buddy who's a reserve O-2 in SSO out of Sector NY, and he's looking for his next reserve billet out of RI or VA.

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

When I talked to my recruiter I explained to him that I'm taking a leave of absense from my job and plan to work that when I return from training while doing my 2 days a month. On top of It I'll be going to school (busy schedule but it'll be worth it) and its doable. Of course with joining any military branchyou have to roll with any changes they give you but for right now things look like I will be doing stuff in New Jersey. Basic's in cape may for 8 weeks and all the bases in NJ are in cape may and bayonne. We'll see where it goes if they have to send me elsewhere I'll be ready to but for now I worked out the details with the recruiters to do everything I can in NJ

just signed on this week for 4 years of active reserve for the Coast Guard, intending on doing part time reserve with homeland security in New Jersey. I'm being sent to basic training in 6 months.

Good for you. :cool:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived