LegacyGT.com

FMIC options

RacerX unfortunately no longer sells FMICs for the LGT. Ive searched and searched but most threads i come by refer me to him. So i come to the community once again looking for guidance. What are good FMIC options for the LGT? I want to keep my bumper on. and i like how the RacerX kits had adapters for both the bov and stock turbo set up. Ive browsed ebay a bit. Ive looked on Perrins website but it doesn't look like they sell intercoolers at all for this year LGT anymore.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

No idea how it performs but had been originally considering this one as it fits underneath the bumper beam, so actually works with JDM short nose models unlike most other US specced one's. Has all the bits to be an ’in theory’ bolt in affair but can’t comment on whether that is the case or not.

https://www.cxracing.com/intercooler-kit/intercooler-kit-subaru/intercooler-kit-subaru-legacy/KIT-LEGACY-B4-IC0036-L

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

That looks like a pretty good option actually. It seems to have all the right stuff. It looks similar to the RacerX kit. Too bad it doesn't come in black. I heard that can help reduce the temps another 20%ish

I might go for that one. Unfortunately i got some bad news about my car today. Failed a compression test so im debating my options. But if i keep the car I think I might pick that kit up! Thanks for the post!

• 2 months later...
I’m currently running RacerX’s FMIC while Stage 3. Running a front mount is nice but are you sure you need it? I’m planning on taking the car autocrossing so I am slowly prepping the car. A bigger Top Mount serves the same purpose if you don’t commonly run into heat soaking. I also live in California whereas in other places the average temperatures are cooler.

I’m currently running RacerX’s FMIC while Stage 3. Running a front mount is nice but are you sure you need it? I’m planning on taking the car autocrossing so I am slowly prepping the car. A bigger Top Mount serves the same purpose if you don’t commonly run into heat soaking. I also live in California whereas in other places the average temperatures are cooler.

I looked into getting one of those. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. I'm putting a new engine and a evo3 16G turbo in my car and I'd like to have a nice intercooler setup with it. I was thinking fmic because taking off the tmic all the time was getting annoying and I don't wanna strip out my new turbos threads. I've bought 2 tmics and neither worked well. One was stock and broke after 5k miles. And the other was a cheap ish aftermarket that never fit and came with metal flakes inside it. I'm just looking to buy the last intercooler I'm going to need and fmic (while harder to do for the initial install) seemed like the easier long term choice. And I'm not looking to spend 1200 on it. That's a little to rich for my blood.

You won’t have the first two problems you mentioned with a Grimmspeed TMIC, I’d highly suggest going with that. Great build quality as well. I see you’re in the PNW like me, heatsoak is less of an issue for us :) You’ll have to pay for quality, no other way around it...

Archived