LegacyGT.com

2007 legacy gt 5 speed should i part it out

I have a 2007 legacy Gt 5 speed with 117k miles. I bought a while a go from a dealer and turned out the car had bad compression on cylinder one. Me being stupid never got a compression test on the car because i thought the reason it was miss-firing was bad spark plug or injector.

Anyways now i owe money to the bank on a car that is broken and I wanna pay it off. So i was thinking of-parting it out. I cant really afford to fix it because i just recently bought my first home and rather spend my money on things i need to keep my home looking well. The body of the car is in awesome shape and the interior is 10/10. What do you guys think ? here are so pictures

e557c1652f28955f494e0004d146cd36.jpg

53e84c1de1d3b015bffcdc7816330d54.jpg61b7fc021a8bb881bf9b0989278c0aa3.jpg0608fa81780654b7a8c147b6571d8b6b.jpg

3036146d0208dc461c58d3979cdbadd8.jpg3757684734b5ccd18314bd302a053f0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you listed it in the correct forum to sell it as is or do a Part out there.

Nice car to take it apart...lot's of labor doing that....and time... and space.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you done a leakdown test? If it's just a burnt valve, since you clearly have the chops to pull the engine, you could just get the head rebuilt and only be out like $500 for the repair. Then you could sell it for good money. How much did you pay / do you owe?

With little or no aftermarket parts you are probably better off selling it as is.

That's a pretty clean car and would be ideal for someone considering a build.

A part out might yield slightly more money but would take a lot of time and labor.

Have you done a leakdown test? If it's just a burnt valve, since you clearly have the chops to pull the engine, you could just get the head rebuilt and only be out like $500 for the repair. Then you could sell it for good money. How much did you pay / do you owe?

Leak down test said i pretty much have bad rings on cylinder 1

With little or no aftermarket parts you are probably better off selling it as is.

That's a pretty clean car and would be ideal for someone considering a build.

A part out might yield slightly more money but would take a lot of time and labor.

Yeah the car really doesn’t have many mods but a fully custom exhaust and i have the accessport and a brand new downpipe i wanted to put in but i cant

Have you listed it in the correct forum to sell it as is or do a Part out there.

Nice car to take it apart...lot's of labor doing that....and time... and space.

Witch forums should i post it up and for how much do you think a good price would be

Im from Connecticut

im in NJ. id be interested if you sell it with a bad engine - im looking for a project after i sell my current one

Im from Connecticut

Which town, I know a great mechanic and machine shop in Somersville.

stuff for sell,

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/marketplace-68.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

There are a lot of Subaru's around the area, may be someone local would take the car off your hands.

Archived