LegacyGT.com

Interior Trunk Handle

I recently purchased a 2018 Legacy, upgraded from a 2011 Legacy, disappointed to see that there is no interior trunk handle on the underside of the trunk. This is a really convenient feature to have to close the trunk, not sure what they were thinking when they removed this? Has anyone come up with a solution?

I have a 2016 and I find it weird that there is no outside handle either for opening it. you just kind of have to randomly grab under the lip on the side, because the cameras in the middle. or grab the bottom after it opens. For closing I just do the same and grab the outside. but yea it makes no sense

I recently purchased a 2018 Legacy, upgraded from a 2011 Legacy, disappointed to see that there is no interior trunk handle on the underside of the trunk. This is a really convenient feature to have to close the trunk, not sure what they were thinking when they removed this? Has anyone come up with a solution?

My old car had one and I miss it. Surprised to read that they were on prior model year

Legacys. My trunk seems to require quite a bit of force to close...are the struts adjustable?

Funny, this is one of the 1st things I noticed when browsing the 2015 Legacy when I had my 2013 at the dealer a few years ago. I was reaching all over the place to find the handle, and it didn't exist. The sales guy couldn't explain it either.

But I still have my 2013 so it doesn't concern me right now :)

Looking at the installed photo at the bottom of that page, I'm sure it would work. You would simply want to lift back/remove the felt liner around the area you wish to install, to make sure there is solid flat sheet metal there (then put the felt back), so you don't install this over a void/pocket/hole, etc.

Archived