LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Here is a Picture of mine installed.[ATTACH]283281[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s one real cool steering wheel where did u get it?

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

That’s one real cool steering wheel where did u get it?

More to come...

That's the DAMD Performance Wheel.. I got it from Japanparts.com ...

I used the gasket that came with the valve. So far no leaks. I do have crush washers I could add next oil change.

Don't bother with the crush washers. I used the provided blue gasket on my 05 for 11 years, no issues. Using it on my '18 now, again no issues so far.

Oh and 8 years on my 07 Accord ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I continued down my list of projects and maintenance items that I’ve been putting off. Last night I installed Audio Ordnance two-way 6X9” in the front and 6.5” in the rear of our 15 Legacy Premium.

They were cheap speakers @ ~$115 for all four speakers from Crutchfield, including install kit.

Stock HU, no amp. Sound is much better, even though it’s got the same input. I’ve always believed that one needed at least an upgraded HU to make a speaker upgrade worthwhile, but I just proved myself wrong.

The reason I always thought aftermarket speakers would suck with the stock radio, is because they would be so under-powered that they’d distort easily. So, I chose these relatively low-power aftermarket with pretty good sensitivity to try (90/88 dB front/rear).

I was also surprised that Subaru stuffs a 5” front speaker into a giant plastic 6X9” adapter! Way to cheap out!

I also judiciously added half of a two-door Dynamat sound deadener kit to ALL FOUR DOORS. I tried to get as much as I could in the center of the door panel to maximize deadening. I’ll probably use the rest on the Forester when I get the chance and if I notice an improvement on the road with the Legacy.

See the below link to my BITOG post, which has pictures embedded.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5382701#Post5382701

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Nice I bet your midrange is nicer with the 6x9’s. It’s such a pain to get in to the door with ur arm let alone pieces of dynomat. Good job though

—————————————————

More to come...

That’s exactly right. The lows are more accurate, though surprisingly not any louder, while the mids and highs are noticeably clearer. I jammed out to only two songs so far as a test and was please with the improvement: The Weeknd, Blinding Lights; and Salem’s Gomez, Rare, which has a cool descending base line that sounds GREAT on my home SVS PB-1000 sub pair and is more easily rendered with the new speakers compared to the stockers.

The prep and install of the Dynamat, even though it wasn’t much, took a good proportion of the time. I thought I’d just slap some in from an old kit I’ve had for around 8 years, but ended up scrubbing the panel with isopropyl alcohol, measuring pieces as accurately as I could and installing with my arm in the panel during install of the deadener, sometimes past my elbow.

The door shuts with a little bit more of a thud, but the biggest difference is while knocking on the panel with a knuckle. It’s not drastic (not enough weight), but is noticeable. I’m just hoping I notice some improvement on the road and that all of that work work was for something.

'15 FB25

I spoke with Crutchfield about possible upgrades to the dash speakers and they replied that unless I have a Harman Kardon system I DON'T have dash speakers. If I DID, they said they recommend a tight-fitting 2-way 3.5" speaker.

I just replied with a picture of my dash grill removed to prove to them that I do indeed have dash speakers and asked whether mod'ing in tweeters, like some of you have, would be a better choice. I don't mind the idea of having another two-way up front, but I do NOT want it sucking power from and detracting from the 6X9s.

'15 FB25

Component sets would of been the best option but with what you have I would buy some tweeters for left and right. Just make sure they have filters on them or solder in some. The loss of wattage is worth it for clearer highs. I kinda thought the center channel would mess with the soundstage too much.

—————————————————

More to come...

Thanks, bud.

I purchased the door speakers without really considering replacing the dash speakers. I was looking for a mild improvement but ended up with a modest improvement in sound quality. I now want to extend that to the dash tweeters, if it's not too much trouble. I'd have no issues soldering in "bass blockers", but I'm not sure where to begin there. I don't want to butcher the wiring, either, so I may end up stuck with what's there.

'15 FB25

Thanks, bud.

I purchased the door speakers without really considering replacing the dash speakers. I was looking for a mild improvement but ended up with a modest improvement in sound quality. I now want to extend that to the dash tweeters, if it's not too much trouble. I'd have no issues soldering in "bass blockers", but I'm not sure where to begin there. I don't want to butcher the wiring, either, so I may end up stuck with what's there.

The plug looked just like the ones for your speakers so you can buy the Meta harness, as far as mounting Crutchfield even sells a thin piece of metal with holes in it. Bend it cut it and your good. When picking out the tweeters make sure to stay with silk dome which is the same as your 6x9. Try and get an rms lvl similar or a little under as well. You don’t want to have to crank your volume to hear them and then have your speakers be too loud. I can go to my comp to upload some pics to help

—————————————————

More to come...

Ok heres some pics. I did order my amps through crutchfield so i picked up 2 of these metal straps

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120BKSTRAP/Universal-Back-Strap.html

then I used the mounting hardware for my infinity kappa tweeters and the screws and metal locks that were left over from the speakers. Bent the straps then cut the excess. I didn't use the wire adapters instead I ran my own wire to the crossover in my case.

rdOliuf.jpg

UJc4pwn.jpg

2oidxUl.jpg

Any one here try a Pedal Commander? I've been pretty happy with my 3.6r but have thought about adding this for my road trips to see how it effects my mileage..

Something wrong with your foot!?:p

'15 FB25

That pedal commander sounds like it could be fun. The Subaru one didn’t have many reviews on Amazon some say it’s amazing some say it trips the CEL. I went digging to other models to see if I could read more reviews a few people stated it auto accelerated so they had to turn the car off. That is part seems way too dangerous... imagine being in a drive through you pull up to the speaker box and ur car floors it into the car ahead of you. Maybe they got the wrong version for their car, or they installed it in a spot where they would kick it who knows. I’d love to see this actually work for us but with those reviews I don’t wanna see someone crash because of it.

—————————————————

More to come...

Ok heres some pics. I did order my amps through crutchfield so i picked up 2 of these metal straps

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120BKSTRAP/Universal-Back-Strap.html

then I used the mounting hardware for my infinity kappa tweeters and the screws and metal locks that were left over from the speakers. Bent the straps then cut the excess. I didn't use the wire adapters instead I ran my own wire to the crossover in my case.

rdOliuf.jpg

UJc4pwn.jpg

2oidxUl.jpg

Here's my Mount..MVIMG_20190304_1206391.jpg.df1daefa164caf6fb0c44c33c3c66bb2.jpg

Any one here try a Pedal Commander? I've been pretty happy with my 3.6r but have thought about adding this for my road trips to see how it effects my mileage..

I tried one and returned it. I bought one to try to reduce the touchiness of the throttle. Seemed to work OK, but wasn’t worth it to me. I didn’t have any CELs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed the Kicker-made Subaru upgrade tweeters and they sound great, all things considered!

The electrical connection is plug-and-play.

Only issue: only one of the mounting holes lined up. There appears to be a second set of SQUARE holes just forward of the stock tapped holes, but the square holes are too large for the stock screws. Unless they’re just random, it would need clips similar to the white ones that mount door speakers to work.

I have pictures in my BITOG thread, if anyone is interested:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5385408#Post5385408

'15 FB25

I installed the Kicker-made Subaru upgrade tweeters and they sound great, all things considered!

The electrical connection is plug-and-play.

Only issue: only one of the mounting holes lined up. There appears to be a second set of SQUARE holes just forward of the stock tapped holes, but the square holes are too large for the stock screws. Unless they’re just random, it would need clips similar to the white ones that mount door speakers to work.

I have pictures in my BITOG thread, if anyone is interested:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5385408#Post5385408

Nice did you try flipping them around or putting it on the other side? Maybe they were made specifically for right or left..

Nice did you try flipping them around or putting it on the other side? Maybe they were made specifically for right or left..

Yep, first thing I tried. The tweeters are identical, not location (ie, left or right) specific. When turned 180 it doesn’t fit as well and NONE of the four locations lines up (2 original tapped holes and two square unused holes).

The tweeters are snug with just the one screw in, so I may just add double sided tape and the one screw and call it good to go.

'15 FB25

Yep, first thing I tried. The tweeters are identical, not location (ie, left or right) specific. When turned 180 it doesn’t fit as well and NONE of the four locations lines up (2 original tapped holes and two square unused holes).

The tweeters are snug with just the one screw in, so I may just add double sided tape and the one screw and call it good to go.

That sucks.. but still looks clean.. I hate companies that make stuff say they fit out cars and they don't.. I don't think yheybdo as much research as we do.. Especially the Subie Aftermarket Stores..[emoji2955][emoji2955]

Looks very similar to one of these.....

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-autograde-license-plate-fasteners-1-4-in-square-nylon-nuts-45972/12031817-p?store_code=4507&product_channel=local&adtype=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpfHzBRCiARIsAHHzyZpOWt1v2XFrLRNU_gdXRW99yFT73z3KD0b_uwXMnbn5MFN--2B6DWYaAgRoEALw_wcB&store=4507&gclsrc=aw.ds

Im curious if you can measure the square hole?

Oh and id like to buy your old tweeters off you if you are selling :)

Edited by iyalla