LegacyGT.com

3 Year Update

March 20th marked 3 years with my Legacy! It's crazy to think it's been that long. Aside from minor annoyances it's been problem free, currently sitting at just under 38k miles.

Surprisingly I have had zero windshield or wheel bearing failures, knock on wood.:rolleyes: My brakes are starting to get a little iffy and rotors are definitely warped so that will be getting done in the near future. Otherwise it's just been oil changes and a brake fluid flush.

My lifetime average MPG is 22.3 calculated with Fuelly. Most of my driving is in the city, I have a lead foot, and I'm addicted to hearing the rumble.:lol:

I bought out the lease a couple weeks ago for $18,299 (before tax) as I was over 6k miles past my limit. Overage fees would've been close to $1000 and I'm not ready to purchase my next car yet. I put enough down to where there's no way I'll end up with negative equity, worst case scenario I'll be out a chunk of my down payment when I go to sell it.

At some point in the next year I'll be purchasing my dad's WRX. Once I have an exact timeframe in mind I'll start parting out the Legacy. Stuff like my retrofitted headlights, intake, strut bar, tactrix cable, etc. will all be for sale, including the car itself.

All in all it's been a great car, I don't regret choosing it one bit. My other top contender 3 years ago was the Jeep Renegade, based on the criteria of AWD, heated seats, and collision avoidance tech. After having driven a few used Renegades since I started working at a dealership I'm definitely glad I went the Legacy route. Japanese cars generally hold up a lot better than domestics, and the Jeep 9-speed's shifting logic is horrendous.

That's all for now, hoping for many more trouble-free miles!

1.5 years in with my legacy. No trips to the dealer since I left their lot (they did have to drive to my house to deliver paperwork they screwed up -- don't shop Carbone Subaru in Troy NY).

Occasionally the head unit acts weird, and the Rear Cross Traffic now has a significant delay before it activates (for a while, I was getting warning sounds and it was deactivated, but now that stopped, it just takes a while for the lights to come on telling me it is active).

I only have 13k on it, so no danger of overdriving my 12k a year lease. I will probably not buy it out at the end, I will only if the cars I want to move on to (Mazda 3 or GTI or Hyundai Elantra GT Sport) aren't yet available (not sure if the Skyactive X Mazda 3 will be released by Sept 2019, and I want to cross shop a Golf or GTI, but only if they expand their offerings so my only possibility to buy one with LED headlights and adaptive cruise isn't their GTI Autobahn edition, GT Sport is an option, but I want to drive all three or at least two of the three before I decide warm or hot hatch).

Brakes should survive my lease period.

MPG's are about 27 combined. Not as good as anticipated, though better than two other Subarus I had owned including the 2012 Impreza Sport hatch 5 speed, that only got 24 mpg's.

2 years 3 months on my 2016 2.5i... 109,000 miles.

Zero trips to the dealer. Zero issues (just minor design annoyances).

Maintenance:

Oil changes every 3k-5k with tire rotation every other oil change.

New Tires @ 90k.

New V-belt & PCV Valve @ 100k.

New Spark Plugs @ 109k.

Upgrades:

Mud flaps.

Front grille plasti-dip black.

Full sized spare tire.

Fog light install w/LED.

Hi & Lo beam headlight LED.

Front turn signals mod to White/Amber switchback LED.

All remaining interior/exterior bulbs LED.

AUKEY Dual Dash Cam, 1080P HD Front and Rear Camera.

Congrats on your three year experience.....I've had my 16 Lapis Blue Premium for one year and ten months.....On my third dealer now....Original dealer was great on the sale but lousy on service....Second dealer was okay until this past January when I went in for a four wheel alignment and drive belt issuse....After the alignment was done and the service advisor said it was a loose hose clamp which caused the noise under accelaration , I drove away and still had the noise....Went back and they replaced the drive belt and good willed it since I was over basic warranty by one thousand miles....When picking up the car, scratches were on the driver's door and rocker panel....Dealer fixed it but I noticed they did some repainting on the passenger door front and dented the window trim....So after ten days of no car, bringing the car back, finally got it back....Now last month went to the third dealer for simple oil change....Fast time but sloppy work..Spilled oil on the air filter snorkel and overfilled by one quart....Let's see what happens next time at this third dealer.....By the way, love the car..Ride is comfortable on my 85 miles daily drive....Can't wait to get rid of those noisy Goodyear OEM tires.....

At three years myself. Minor issues all dealt with by the dealer. Two front bearings replaced at around 10k. NAV Head unit replaced - works fine now but never got promised map update. The only thing they have not been able to fix is the stupic rear seat release on one side. They replaced a latch but I think the seat is just misaligned a touch. I think I'll take a sledge to it one of these days. I don't get to use that feature much but when I do I have to reach around and into the cabin and pull the seatback while releasing the latch from the trunk. This only happens on one side BTW.

Eugene Onegin: Agreed 100%. Do ALL your own work if at all possible or a trusted garage. Never a dealer unless its 100% covered/warranty.

Pilot1226: Actually 109k. I checked them at 60k and probably could have gone till 120k as all was running smooth. Just had a free afternoon and wanted to get some things out of the way. Can't afford to let anything go as its my daily commuter.

Here are the ones I removed at 109k:

549279171_SparkPlugs.jpg.8b2838031ea2a72024da9637cca8dde5.jpg

Archived