LegacyGT.com

Trying Nokian zLine A/S tires

While shopping for A/S tires for my LGT wagon I came across Nokian. I have used their winter tires for over 18 years and loved them. When it came down to making the decision between the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ that retail for $600 at Costco or the Nokian zLine A/S tires for $220 with free delivery plus $50 to mount and balance. The decision was easy. Nokians. This is the review I found (which there are not many) of this new tire.

"Replacing the outgoing zLINE performance summer tire, the zLINE A/S maintains great dry traction and sharp handling characteristics while adding in features that allow it to provide safety in inclement weather. This is Nokian’s flagship UHP (Ultra High Performance) all-season tire, with a fantastically strong carcass complimented by long tread life, soft ride, and silent tread design (you can see the golf ball-like dimples between the treads). For the performance side, the proof is in the proverbial pudding, as zLINE A/S tires are installed on the MX5 race cars that live at Lime Rock Park. With as much time spent on these as the previous zLINE generation, the longevity and grip is even BETTER than the bespoke summer tire it replaces. In several thousands of miles of track torture, the zLINE A/S exhibits as much as 80% better treadwear, with excellent resistance to chunking and chipping."

So I ordered them and should have them on by Tuesday. We have dry roads, wet roads, and snowy roads. So I will see how they do and report back. They are $55 per tire at Walmart Online (Hate them, love the price).

Link if you want to check them out: https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-zline-a-s/

Nope they are current production. I pushed them very hard today and I was actually amazed with their performance. Construction is on par with their winter offerings which are the best snow tires IMHO.

Worth the risk over many other no name brands, also just my opinion.

Quiet, and super sticky for an A/S tire.

As always, it's your call.

Check them out here. That was my thoughts exactly.

Got to tell you, I am loving these tires. I pressed around a 20 mph corner with them about 10 times yesterday testing capabilities and they held tight up to 40mph without making a sound. When they did start to make noise it was while I could easily control it and didn't want to go faster in the corner anyway.

Here is a link to the Walmart page. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-ZLINE-A-S-Performance-Radial-Tire-215-45R17-91W/506396453

• 2 weeks later...
Curious how is the sidewall flex, what pressure are you running front and rear?

I’ll check pressures and reply later.

Overall sideways flex is present but so easily controlled and compliant. I drove to Portland Oregon from Bend this weekend so I was able to really press the tires in some high speed corners. Overall for a Z-rated A/S summer tire I am very very happy.

Plus they were only $220 delivered for all 4.

The bottom line is this: if you want an A/S summer focused tire these are hard to beat. I rolled the dice since I could not find reviews online anywhere. That’s why I am sharing this here.

I'm content spending a lot on good quality name brand tires (and I'm not currently in the market for tires) but I think this is a really useful post and you've definitely come across a good deal. That is an insanely good deal.

Definitely appreciate you sharing it.

so can one get that deal anywhere or do you have to go through wallmart online?

Unfortunately Walmart has the best price and free shipping. There is a place called Point S tires that carries the brand as well. But I had already ordered mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this review. Nokian is a name brand tire, just not popular in the states. They are to begin construction of a tire plant in Tennessee in 2020. I wish they had not discontinued the Zline Summer. I had plans for them. I'll be removing my Hakka 9s asap and will have to get a Summer tire.

tiresbyweb is where I buy Nokian.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived