LegacyGT.com

Considering selling car

I was just wondering how i could get for selling my 2005 legacy GT non-limited. The car has the 5eat, auto-dimming mirror, spoiler, and it has 1,000 miles. I know i'm gonna lose out a lot if i sell this car and i buy a 2006. I really want the sunroof, leather, and power seats. Anyone in chicago want to sell their 2005 or 2006 LGT limited? hehe

Thanks

With 1000 miles that thing is barely broken in, if you have it in pristine shape and you find the a buyer thta is into Subaru's you might be able to get rid of it without losing too much. I can't really equate this into a number but definately finding a key buyer is the important part. Try selling it as more of a "nice to do" rather than a "need to do" It would be nice to get the leather and all that in the limited package but lets face it, you have a nice car there. Maybe if you are lucky you might be able to finda used LGT Limited like I did and get it for a good deal. Although your miles may vary.

Try to find the Limited seats somewhere. Maybe order from dealer or find a wrecked LGT somewhere? Gotta be less of a hit than trading in. You won't get the sunroof, but the tiny sedan sunroof ain't a big deal anyway (just kidding--but the one on the wagons rules).

If you are really serious, and don't mind waiting... Hopefully someone will step up, but if not...

When I buy a Legacy, it will be a limited. IF it is Garnet red, Brilliant Silver, or Obsidian Black, I am very seriously considering buying the Red leather seats from the Spec B. In that case, I will have some black leather seats to sell. If I have a buyer interested at that point, it will be much easier to swing the initial cost of the red parts.

I know that is a HUGE "if" but it is slightly more than a known "absolutely not"...

Basically, I am saying to any one interested, keep an eye on this forum, and I may have some seats for sale in the future. (it will probably be 5 months to a year... I of course want it to be sooner rather than later.)

I have the Obsidian Black and think it's pretty sweet. I'm a big fan of black cars and owned quite a few anyways seeings I change my car every 3 years or so! But the black if you look at the right angle you see specs of blue & green, it's pretty cool....

im not sure what black paint has to do with the seats. but as far as the install/swap goes, id be in for helping along with roa

How does the above post have anything to do with the thread?

Homer - "Ooohhh .. sprinkles on dohnuts."

I would not recommend selling the car or trading in for the features you want but I would also not recommend spending money for a sunroof either. Aftermarket sunroofs depreciate the value of your car and unless you sell it privately would be considered a loss by many dealers.

I'd suggest pulling your seats and dropping some recaros or something along those lines in if you want to spend the money. Use the money you save by not trading in to make your car look different with wild mods.

Hi IwannaSportSedan,

how would the back seats work. We would have to swap those too right? How much more or less would u sell these seats for?

Thanks

If this comes about, and I really am wanting it to, I would replace the standard Legacy GT Limited leather/seats, Front and rear, and the interior door panels, or maybe just the inserts that are matching red.

The rear seat is two pieces in the sedan. (if you have a wagon, the seat bottom is likely the same, but the rear folding seatbacks will be different.) The seat bottom and the seat back. Those, with the black leather seats would go up for sale. Possibly the door panels, too, if anyone would need some. The more reasonable money I can recoup, the easier this mod is going to be for me, and for me to sell to my wife.

I am not sure what I would ask for them, it would depend some on the going rate, if anybody else is selling them, and MOSTLY it would be dependent on how much the Spec B red leather parts cost.

Now I am not going to be a jerk and try to recoup all my money or make a profit or anything on the deal. I would probably ask 10-15% less than the new parts if the black leather parts are new also. If I end up getting a used 05 LGT, and the black seats are further from new, then the price would go down, of course... But I can't put a number on it, because I don't know the price of the red parts (or even the price of the black parts) from Subaru.

I am sincerely hoping that it will be noticeably less than the price difference between an 05 GT and an 05 GT Limited. I believe that difference was about $2500. That is subaru's cost and profits for adding a Sunroof and Leather. I am hoping the parts cost for just the seats and panels is significantly less. Hopefully not more than the cost of quality aftermarket seats, like recaros or something. They do have airbags in them, so they probably won't be ultra-cheap, either...

You could then also turn around and re-sell the cloth sport seats (I take it that you have a GT non-limited, with the cloth sport seats) to some other subaru owner... That would be up to you. And if you have a wagon with the folding rear seatbacks, you will probably need to source the seatbacks from someone else, or Subaru. I know I am buying the Sedan, and my wife abhors station wagons for some strange reason...

BTW, if anyone like Opie, or Axis008, or someone who has easy access to the Subaru parts counter, I'd love to find out the price of the US GT Spec B's red leather seats and either the red leather upholstery inserts for the door panels. (or the complete door panels, if they are only sold assembled)

Post it, or PM me privately with the prices, I would be extremely grateful.

the other option is... if any of you Spec B buyers really don't like the Red interior, and want to go back to Black... perhaps we can arrange a trade in the future, when I can get my hands on a car...

Black paint and red seats have nothing really to do with each other, other than the fact that I think they would look better together than the Spec B currently does. (although the Spec B doesn't look too bad, either...)

I like the Spec B's interior, but I think it would go better in a Black or Garnet red car, or even a Brilliant Silver car, because unless the Spec B gets seriously discounted on price, I just don't want to spend that kind of cash, when a GT limited is so much less expensive.

So I figure i'll try to get a GT limited 5MT, and swap the Spec B parts I want into that car. It won't be 1-of-500, but I don't really care enough to spend 6-8k on all of that, when I could do more with that amount of money.

And it sounded like latintrpt wants to buy leather seats... So I thought I would mention my future plan...

Archived