LegacyGT.com

Who has remote start?

I agree, if I were to do it all over again I would go with the aftermarket options that allow you to remote start via a phone app.
Ehh. To me it wasn’t worth the extra $$ each month, nor them hacking away at my wiring harness to install it. I had Viper SmartStart on my 2012 Legacy 3.6R and honestly used the actual fob more than the app. For $79 a year, it just was not worth it.

I think that system also caused premature starter wear on my car too.

Deff not with the money for app...I have python installed on my 06 leggy and love the mile range and you can set the start time to what ever you want for time....500$ install with turbo timer on it too....

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I have to agree that I'd find that annoying also. I've been planning on having the dealer instal the "factory" starter working off the key but the idea of the engine stopping when you open the door is stupid. Why would they do that? I've had several aftermarket remote starters and they only stop the engine if you touch the brake or try to shift without first inserting the key. At -30, why use precious battery charge forcing a second start?

I think it's some kind of safety thing. The keyless push button start combined with the remote starter poses a risk or something. Who knows for sure. It's any door too, not just the driver one. PITA if you ask me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So my dealer quoted $260 to install it, is this a fair price for a piece of mind?

Is that before or after the $250 coupon you got? That is an outstanding price either way for the OEM one. I paid about $420ish for mine and it was the lowest price around (several dealers near me quoted $500+)

So my dealer quoted $260 to install it, is this a fair price for a piece of mind?

Its a fairly simple install. Nothing to cut or splice. Just remove 2 nuts at the footwell, mount the remote start. Find the right harness to plug in and plug in the antenna. Thats pretty much it. You need to bend over backwards and not have large hands to be able to easily get to things down there.

Once everything is hooked up the dealer will only need to reprogram, and that's anywhere from $60 - $140 depending on the dealer.

And then you'll have money left to buy accessories :)

Is that before or after the $250 coupon you got? That is an outstanding price either way for the OEM one. I paid about $420ish for mine and it was the lowest price around (several dealers near me quoted $500+)

So I used the $250 coupon to get the remote start, so it’s costing me $150 for the remote start plus $240 since service has a $20 compound for labor, so a total of $390 installed.

Archived