LegacyGT.com

Light bar or bull bar

So I know I'm going a little off the deep end here, but I'm looking to put a light bar on the front of my 09 Legacy 2.5i. Problem is I can't find one. Probably my inability to actually do a decent Google search, but I'm sure someone here knows a good vendor. I'm looking for something akin to this from Rally Innovations. I saw that DraGma put two smaller lights inside his grill, as shown here, but I'm looking for more light than that. My commute to work is 30 miles through Minnesota deer country at the ass crack of dawn, and I've had a few close calls. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have 2x 51w LED aux lights in my front grill (was able to modify existing holes for install) + 1x 20" 120w LED lightbar in my lower grill (required custom brackets). Both are connected to an interior switch by the inside fuse panel (by your left knee in the driver's seat).

Combined with my TRS bi-xenon retrofitted headlights, the car completely lights up any backcountry road.

Here's a pic:

unosfmA.jpg?1

http://get-primitive.com/lightbars-nudgebars/163-lightbar-bolt-thru-05-2011-outback-legacy.html

Says it works on legacy....

But I doubt you need anything like that. I'm sure a few led lights would be enough.

These guys seem to have some really good preforming lighting, no experience with them though.

https://www.rigidindustries.com

Nice thing is you can pick the beam pattern

Those lights look great. The more open GT grill helps with that, I wonder if I can make something similar work with the 2.5i base.

I worry about the eBay license plate one, I'm not sure what that will do to the bumper with additional weight. But it is something to consider.

The Get Prinitive is overbuilt for what I'm looking for, but depending on how it mounts, it would certainly solve the deer problem! I like the idea of picking the beam pattern from Rigid.

This is some good help, thanks guys!

I just made up my own version of the eBay unit a couple weeks ago. I used the license plate screws for the bottom mount but the plate I made runs between the bumper and grill and mounts to pre-existing bolts on the bumper. Pretty solid design and doesn’t seem to shake on the road. My bar is mounted to the rear of the bend whereas that eBay one protrudes our in front of the car.

ReX4QCo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived