LegacyGT.com

Subaru gift from Pauls Custom Awards?

Received an email from UPS about 2 incoming packages which I was not expecting. Both from Pauls Custom Awards in NJ that I think are from Subaru. Anyone else get one recently after purchase...a thanks for the new car perhaps?

One is 2 lbs and the other is 17lbs. I was expecting an envelope directly from Subaru about something else but nothing from this Pauls. I did find a few posts on the Outback forum getting a notice but the gifts seemed to vary.

I was going to post as well. You beat me to it. I just received a Bose SoundLink III speaker. Not sure what I did to get on SOAs good/ bad side :-p

The note basically said, thanks for giving us the opportunity to improve your experience. we know you spend a lot of time in your Subaru, but when its time to be home, we are sure you'll enjoy this.

I was going to post as well. You beat me to it. I just received a Bose SoundLink III speaker. Not sure what I did to get on SOAs good/ bad side :-p

The note basically said, thanks for giving us the opportunity to improve your experience. we know you spend a lot of time in your Subaru, but when its time to be home, we are sure you'll enjoy this.

Sounds nice but I'm guessing that doesn't fit the 2lb or the 17lb package. Hoping they arrive today so I can see what it is!

Edited by rec630

17lb is definitely a labrador retriever puppy, probably left over from the last Subaru commercial...

:lol: I hope they put plenty of blankets inside because its cold and snowy here! With a puppy, I probably also need the vacuum! Darn UPS is taking their sweet time today.

Maybe the 17 pound package is the Dyson vacuum.

Winner, Winner! A v6 cord free Dyson vacuum. Not sure how they decide what to do when, but it's appreciated. Holy, Moly...a $250 value?

https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v6-cord-free.html

Of course UPS only delivered one package today and the other is in some UPS gray limbo even though both arrived at facility at same time :icon_neut

Edited by rec630

I've been following lots of posts on here, including other threads with Subaru gifts over the years.

Nobody has seemed to determine the reasoning/method/logic for gifts, myself included.

Heck, I had my engine replaced under the class action lawsuit/oil consumption in 2016

My brake master cylinder failed, YES FAILED, and I lost 95% of my brakes and had to pump them to limp to the closest dealer, 150 miles from home. Subaru covered some good will on that, out of warranty.

Subaru covered good will on my steering wheel button repair, just 5000 miles out of warranty, and that was over $300 in labor.

So... Subaru has been fair with me. And I've notified them when I've had issues, and I've been fair with them. I've also personally (and with the help of Ambassador coupons) been responsible for 3 family members buying brand new Subarus in just the last 2 years alone. (2) 2017 Outbacks Limited and (1)Crosstrek Limited.

I've never received any gifts. But I'm not expecting them either. Honestly, the goodwill money that I was able to negotiate to cover 2 out of warranty repairs, was worth much more than some swag/gifts in the mail.

...Although that Bose speaker looks nice on Amazon and would be great on my kitchen counter :)

It's interesting that these things come from Subaru Corporate and not from the dealers. The dealers are the one who SHOULD be trying to build the relationship and satisfy the customer. They are the ones receiving the good will money from Subaru, to repair the cars for the end users.

Subaru is basically bypassing the dealer to build loyalty, trust, relationship, goodwill.

While this may help customer loyalty to the brand, it is doing nothing to build/bridge a better relationship between the dealer and the customer.

Another common theme on these forums, and something I have also personally experienced as stated above, is that if a customer is not happy with a dealer/dealer repair/price, experience, etc, that Subaru seems to encourage that the person try another dealer, rather than try to help resolve any issues between the customer and dealer.

And the dealers seem to be the same way. It's a "take it or leave it" mentality. And I've been to 7-8 Subaru dealers in my travels for work over the last 6 years.

There are only 2 dealers that stand out and genially cared about me and my experience. And to them I am loyal, and I recommend them to others.

Wow, this comment got long. Sorry. I don't think anyone here ever discussed any of this before and it was on my mind.

Another common theme on these forums, and something I have also personally experienced as stated above, is that if a customer is not happy with a dealer/dealer repair/price, experience, etc, that Subaru seems to encourage that the person try another dealer, rather than try to help resolve any issues between the customer and dealer.

And the dealers seem to be the same way. It's a "take it or leave it" mentality. And I've been to 7-8 Subaru dealers in my travels for work over the last 6 years.

There are only 2 dealers that stand out and genially cared about me and my experience. And to them I am loyal, and I recommend them to others.

I don't know how auto manufacturers usually work with dealers, but I don't think Subaru (or for that matter any manufacturer) has any direct control over the dealers. They are just a third party that provides the service of selling and servicing their cars and meet certain minimum requirements. In the sense that, they can't go out and get parts from NAPA, the techs have some minimum training, yada yada.

But, if you have a bad experience, its with that particular business owner and they keep a record when customers call and complain. So when they get a lot of such complaints, they advice future customers to dealers in the area with better "ratings" in the area.

I believe the only time SOA would act is if the dealer doesn't have a min volume of sales or there are other legal problems.

I work for a company where the Corporation maintains the tight relationship with the dealers (that are privately owned) and the dealers manage the relationship with the customer/end users.

The Corporation knows that each dealer knows their customers the best, and wants the DEALER to build and maintain the relationship. The Corp. would never get between/exclude the dealer and communicate with the customer.

The DEALER is as much a part of customer loyalty to the PRODUCT/BRAND as it is a loyalty to the dealer.

Subaru seems to want to build/maintain the loyalty for their PRODUCT directly. There never seems to be a message/feeling by Subaru OR most dealers, for growing/maintaining customer loyalty.

Like I said, 2 out of 8 dealers that I have been to, actually care and show an interest in customer loyalty of their dealership. Both did right by me and showed interest in keeping me, which is why I continue to recommend them and use them.

1 of these dealers had a sign behind the counter, centered on the wall:

"IF YOU DO NOT TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMER, THEN SOMEONE ELSE WILL"

Well said and true. Too bad most dealers honestly don't seem to care, for some strange reason.

On some reflection, I suspect I know why I got the unexpected gifts, although UPS seems to be missing in action the smaller package with what I think is a branded cup and ice scraper. *more fist shaking at UPS* :confused:

Had called SOA corporate a while back. Dealer reneged on a prepaid gift card on a technicality and told me to call corporate who took care of it with no questions and doubled the value amount.

Secondly, the dealer messed up some paperwork even though it was all correct on review/signature and basically told me I needed to be the one to fix it with SOA. I was verifying all was good and the error had stopped populating through the system again being taken care of with lower effort than I had expected to put out.

A friendly positive experience from which I expected nothing more than the corrections, certainly not a reward gifts with a handwritten note.

The dealers may want and ask, if not beg, for 10s but I'd say corporate knows how to deliver and deserve 10s. My first Subaru and I'm impressed so far. Can't wait to see how the dealer service dept is. As for sales, I don't foresee the need to interact with them again for years.

• 1 month later...
Winner, Winner! A v6 cord free Dyson vacuum. Not sure how they decide what to do when, but it's appreciated. Holy, Moly...a $250 value?

https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v6-cord-free.html

Of course UPS only delivered one package today and the other is in some UPS gray limbo even though both arrived at facility at same time :icon_neut

It seems to me that the cost of a dyson is too high. I was told that this is because the quality of Dyson is incredible compared to other manufacturers, but in my case (I bought a canister vacuum) it broke down after a month. It was replaced by warranty with no troubles, but after one and a half months there was another breakdown.

If look at other manufacturers - the price of their vacuum cleaners is much lower, and under warranty they will be replaced in the same way. What is the undoubted advantage of dyson in front of black and decker or shark that it is constantly on hearing? As example the vaccums under 200$ https://bestvacuum.reviews/vacuum-under-200 and I can surely say that they would be worse than Dyson/

I would never buy a Dyson on my own and I think this may be an older model. Yeah, I would get more enjoyment out of the Bluetooth speaker some others received than vacuuming :lol: but Im not turning it down either.

The real point I guess turned out to be corporate took care of my issues effortlessly, followed up to make sure resolved and also sent a gift I neither asked for nor expected. Local dealer could learn from them.

...and it took a couple of weeks but UPS did finally deliver the smaller package too...a Subaru branded tumbler, a key chain and an ice scraper mitten

I would never buy a Dyson on my own and I think this may be an older model. Yeah, I would get more enjoyment out of the Bluetooth speaker some others received than vacuuming :lol: but Im not turning it down either.

The real point I guess turned out to be corporate took care of my issues effortlessly, followed up to make sure resolved and also sent a gift I neither asked for nor expected. Local dealer could learn from them.

...and it took a couple of weeks but UPS did finally deliver the smaller package too...a Subaru branded tumbler, a key chain and an ice scraper mitten

I like the Dysons. I have their floor vacuums, but I'm not a big fan of the cordless models. Its always a matter of luck with the batteries (in general, not just dyson products). Especially when the new product is above $300 and the battery stops holding power after the 1 yr warranty... If its $100 and it dies after a year, it doesn't feel that bad just tossing it or use it corded for a lil bit before tossing.

I don't mind swapping my BT unit for your vacuum if you are close by. It may not make sense shipping. I got two JBLs a few months ago, the timing just wasn't right for me.

• 4 months later...
Just received the same kind of notification of UPS delivery. When I bought a 2014 Legacy, I wrote Subaru a letter saying how much I liked the car; they sent me a wristwatch when I expected nothing. After trading it for the 2018, I sent another letter with the same sentiments. This package may be a result of that.

• 1 year later...

When I got my car they sent me a free zip up pull over made from recycled plastic bottles.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

When I got my car they sent me a free zip up pull over made from recycled plastic bottles.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I’m jealous!

• 1 year later...
I think it'd improve the company's rating if they sent gifts to their customers.

Isn't getting a great car for your money reward enough? Or do you always expect a bribe?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 5 months later...

I was able to pick a pair of Oakley sunglasses shortly after I purchased my 2016 Legacy, and a few months later I received a Subaru day pack

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It’s funny a lot of members are getting a gift from Subaru.

I have bought now going on five new Subarus in a twenty year timeframe and have received nothing from SIA except for the magazine that was put out.

However I can say compared to other car brands which I do currently still own and drive the service has been no less the stellar at any Subaru dealer regardless of purchase or service.