LegacyGT.com

Most useless dash gauges of all time

I don't find it useless, but I don't think its the gauge that should be in that spot. The GT should have had a boost gauge, I would put a temperature gauge (rather than idiot lights) for the 2.5i / 3.6R. The new WRX (6th Gen Legacy as well) have the fuel economy gauge in the center stack.

I don't find it useless, but I don't think its the gauge that should be in that spot. The GT should have had a boost gauge, I would put a temperature gauge (rather than idiot lights) for the 2.5i / 3.6R. The new WRX (6th Gen Legacy as well) have the fuel economy gauge in the center stack.

I agree on this. Every turboed Subaru should come with a boost gauge from the factory.

66050AJ00A

13 and 14 my only. Will work in 10-12 but some lights will remain lit as that information was changed to CANBUS in 13+ cars

I'm curious how this mod works with the immobiliser?

Can you swap the clusters easily or do you need something programmed?

That would have to be done at the dealer right ?

No simple way to get it done any other way?

Just thinking about the stupid price that would be charged.

I could get that cluster from a wrecker here in Aus for $120 Aud. But not worth it if paying a dealer big bucks afterwards.

I can't imagine getting a new key programmed would be that expensive... it might be possible to do with some of the fancier bi-directional scan tools instead of just the SSM, so maybe see if some of the non-dealer shops can do it?

That would have to be done at the dealer right ?

No simple way to get it done any other way?

Just thinking about the stupid price that would be charged.

I could get that cluster from a wrecker here in Aus for $120 Aud. But not worth it if paying a dealer big bucks afterwards.

I had my dealer do it but I did the swap.. Drove it to them with one screw in the cluster... they un plugged old one plugged in new one... did it at the same time as 30k service so they did it for me free. I reassembled cluster and trim pieces...a auto locksmith can also reprogram it... dealer was way cheaper.

cluster $80 off of e-bay

reprogram cluster mileage to car mileage $100

install.. free as they did 30k service

Archived