LegacyGT.com

Should I sell or recycle stock DP

If it were me I would keep it in case I needed to pass an emissions test but that's me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

That depends on your state. Both my cars pass visual here in CT. The Spec B passed last Friday with the Invidia cated dp, the wagon has the same dp.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I guess you missed my post from last Sept. I googled, https://www.google.com/search?q=catalytic+converter+recycling+near+me&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS906US906&oq=catillytic+converter+recy&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i13i457j0i13l6.25504j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I got about $1800 for two of them. You need to send them the two part numbers off the two cats in each pipe. Something like this,

[ATTACH]290118[/ATTACH]

Max Capacity, did you sell yours to a precious metal company? Or to a local metal recycler? I have a stock DP and some other converters laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I searched google for catalytic convertor recyclers in my area. I took them to a local place.

It was easy. When I drove around back to drop them off, I was amazed at the large number of units they had.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 7 months later...
i have a question i just replaced my stock up pipe can i sell my stock up pipe like you would a down pipe for the catt or is it something else on my uppipe like a pre cat or something
The early LGT had catted uppipe, but they are not worth very much. I got like $60 for mine. While getting as high as $1320CAD for stock LGT downpipe

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

I need to sell my precious DP and pay for at least one of the two aftermarkets I just bought lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you missed the high prices. Rodium has dropped in half since early summer. DPs have dropped to almost half

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

So it will pay for the cheaper fo the two?! Palladium has gone up a bit since I checked last week. It's just getting it in the hands of the right folks. If not I could always save it for one of Kaliforniaye peeps. It does only have 71k on it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

• 2 weeks later...