LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on 3.6R Limited in black.

YESSSSSS!!!! I went from an 2005 ABP LGT with black leather to a Black on Black 2015 3.6R. Love this car. Looks so classy when clean ... which is a challenge in NE in the winter, but I can drive it because it is a Subaru!

I'm anxiously awaiting my 3.6R black on black. Got notified from Subaru yesterday it was on a train heading to a distribution center. 3 of my 4 Subarus have all been black on black. Wish the grey interior was available with black, ivory sucks.

Yeah, I was very disappointed grey was only available for like 2 exterior colors.

Yeah, I was very disappointed grey was only available for like 2 exterior colors.
If you Order a Car like I did, how difficult can it be to give the Customer any damn Color Combo he/she wants?

The Canadians get the Dark Blue/ Black, but it's unobtainable in the USA...

So, I reluctantly went for Black/Black... :(

Hell, I'll get over it someday... Love the Car though...

Personally would wait for the GT to be on it's deathbed if it's served you well.

As to black/black, we have that now... the black interior is a way bigger problem than the black exterior... my son ate a sesame bagel in there, and we have been reminded for a while... every bit of dust and scuff really stands out. We have a 2012 Black/Ivory and it has black weathertechs, our Black/Black has black weathertechs, but for some reason, a salted up floor liner stands out way more in the black interior over the ivory, things like that are less expected, your eyes get drawn to dirty in the black. Would go back to ivory interior in a heartbeat.

If you live in salt and dirt country, I find that no exterior color is good at not looking dirty, so you might as well go with black. We have tried everything here in New England, and come back to black, it still is our favorite to look at in the winter even when barfed on by the elements.

Also consider test-driving a WRX Limited... would ring in equal or less to a V6 Legacy with similar cost to own, and are more civilized these days. Giving up CarPlay, but it truly has to be one of the most overhyped features of all time.

While I dig the idea of the WRX, the Legacy is much bigger inside and does have many more comforts inside compared to the 'Rex.

Also, give me the 3.6 any day over the 2.5T. Just my opinion.

Exactly.... And per previous post, I'm finding a black interior is a bit harder to maintain and keep clean than my previous interiors which have all been lighter colors. Like a black exterior though, looks great when clean and kept up... Mine is carbide Gray/black and looks great.. Although some days the car look 100% dark blue....

The GT has been treated very well and owes me nothing. The fact of it being a 6 speed and my left knee being fully replaced limits what I can do with that car. Since my Ram was totaled, I need a 3rd vehicle that I can drive at a moments notice. The WRX would be too small for my 6’2” 280lb frame.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Sounds like you are making a great choice, and you will not be disappointed, the 2018 tweaks are for real. Will always be jealous of 3.6 owners, where we live just could never make an argument for it, 40 mph roads always on someone's bumpers, no interstates, etc. but those times you get out in the open, would be a lot of fun. Coming out of the GT, you might be a candidate for a rear sway bar upgrade, but the rest should be ready to go.

Not sure how it is in jersey, but they are giving away a lot of dough on all Legacy's right now, and even more on the 3.6, was not hard to be well below invoice. And 0% on 63 is just butter on top, not to mention Ambassador's coupons and all that.

Our or rather my local dealer would prefer that I finance the remodeling of their building if left up to them. I’ll broaden my search and opt out of trying for a black on black combo. My buddy just picked me up in his 2018 Bmw M4 with the blood red interior. Really nice car, but to cramped for me. It’s just him and his cat so no need for a ton of space on his end.
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Exactly.... And per previous post, I'm finding a black interior is a bit harder to maintain and keep clean than my previous interiors which have all been lighter colors. Like a black exterior though, looks great when clean and kept up... Mine is carbide Gray/black and looks great.. Although some days the car look 100% dark blue....

Right on! My 2011 OB is Graphite Gray, and it looks either blue or gray depending on the light. I believe at the time (?) the Black OB only had a tan interior so I passed on the Black one.

I keep a fresh swiffer in my glove box and a Subaru rally towel to wipe things down at a moment's notice. The inside of my car is great; the outside, well, in the summer I keep up with it better. I can't justify a $10 car wash every week. For me it's more about the undercarriage. In the summer I'll drive over a sprinkler :D

Sounds like you are making a great choice, and you will not be disappointed, the 2018 tweaks are for real. Will always be jealous of 3.6 owners, where we live just could never make an argument for it, 40 mph roads always on someone's bumpers, no interstates, etc. but those times you get out in the open, would be a lot of fun. Coming out of the GT, you might be a candidate for a rear sway bar upgrade, but the rest should be ready to go.

Not sure how it is in jersey, but they are giving away a lot of dough on all Legacy's right now, and even more on the 3.6, was not hard to be well below invoice. And 0% on 63 is just butter on top, not to mention Ambassador's coupons and all that.

What happens to be invoice? I got a great quote from a place nearby for a Factory Order, but they don't have any 3.6's in stock. Want to bring my kid and his car seat with me and see how the back seat is compared to my OB, and get my OB trade in assessed.

Think they gave me around $31,800 for the 3.6 including EyeSight and destination fees, but not including tax and documentation fees. I believe the MSRP is around $35,800.

About 11% off MSRP?

I remember the 09 Leg 2.5 Limited I bought was around 28,500 and over 30 with tax and fees. This seems amazing considering it's almost 10 years later and a bigger engine and EyeSight!!!

Doing some of the accessories myself (Going to get A/W Liners from Husky, OEM Cargo Tray and Hooks for Trunk, do OEM dome/map lights myself, etc.), but letting those guys do the rest.

Biggest thing I'm mulling over is if I want those side-body moldings.

Sure you want those side moldings! Think of them as "winglets" there to reduce vortices and thus affecting the traffic behind you. (and keeping your doors hopefully dent free)

last year about this time I got a great deal on a 17... Great time to buy..

• 1 month later...
We have a 2010 2.5GT Limited and are strongly considering buying a 3.6R Limited. Just want to see if anyone has one and what their thoughts are about it please.f1eeb57efb7ae231b27f4fbf649ce630.jpge2dcf2834ae5a95fdcf0b5e1cd8bee57.jpg

Audi love for life

I almost bought the 2010 GT. I spent a lot of time in it test driving it several times. I had the 2005 GT at the time.

Instead, I bought the 2011 WRX limited.

The 2018 3.6r is light years ahead of the 2010 in every category except for track times IMO. I couldn't stand the numb steering on the 2010 GT plus how terrible the shifting felt.

From android auto, the stereo, the quietness, LED lights and fog lights, it's just a better car if drag racing is not your priority. From a roll, the 3.6r can probably hang around a little to top speed with the GT.

I suggest you test drive for yourself and see if its for you. Best.

I think White is pretty nice because it'll hide any dings that go through to your base coat. I remember on my 09 Leg any "deep" dings would show the white primer underneath... but man, nothing's better than freshly waxed Black.

Archived