LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Humble - you should do the quad brake light mod (to turns the trunk positions into position/brakes like the tailights). Its one of the best bang for the buck and functionality mods that can be done to these cars re brake/stop lights.

Tritons (latest gen or older) are good but you could've just gone with these VLEDs instead and gotten 4 to cover all locations at the same cost, with almost identical output and less wiring and socket clutter (280 for below vs 300 for Triton V6 Acculumen) :

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/7443/7443-6-r.html

and these for turn signals all around:

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/7443/7443-6-hv-a.html

I've already got VLEDs for my all my turn signals (amber up front, red in the back, hyper flash cancel module) with their old design when they were only $35/bulb. At $40/bulb, with a pair of the Tritons being only $125/pair with an always active discount code, I didn't mind springing a bit extra for them. I have Alla Lighting drop in red LEDs in my brake lights currently that I'm planning to move to the trunk. They work well for the brake, just having some CANBUS disagreements.

I would love to do the quad brake mod, but I am like, infant level understand of electrical or wiring anything, so in all honesty I'm afraid to try it for fear of messing something up. Maybe I'll nut up and do some studying and try it later this year.

Its super easy - I think you'll love it. Worse case you need 5 minutes of any audio shop's time to wire and splice here and there. All within the trunk lid cover.

It's definitely on my "Want To" list. I'm also knocking around ideas in my head for what I want to do about the rear bumper reflectors when I finally do the Gialla lip. As I see it I have a few options: I could get the OEM reflectors and find a way to install them in the bumper, I could get the LED style ones (which afforementioned wiring experience would help with) at which point I'd have more options: could wire them as fogs, as extra brake lights, or even as extra turn signals.

Or I could just put some red reflective vinyl wrap on the part of the bumper it would cover and be done with it the easy way. :lol:

really?

Can we really compare the "easy" list of mods for an impreza vs the "easy" mods vs the fifth gen?...

just the fact that the mods you two mention were not originally designed for the fifth gen ... it was this community that figured out they would fit. should be proof enough.

ok.... ok....I'm wrong it's super easy to find parts for this car,

Perrin, grimspeed, avo,cobb.etc...... developed metric sh!tloa@ds of parts for our car, if I go on subie speed, rallysport, ebay..... and type in 2010-12 subaru legacy the amount of parts that come up are abundant.

If i'm looking for a front lip there are more than one option avalible.

If i look up Easy peezy parts like MBCB// air intake every big name company makes one... grimspeed, perrin, cobb.

the biggest tuner of subaru maybe world wide.... Cobb offers maps for all configurations//stages for fifth gens...

Don't tell me it's easy to modify a fifth gen compared to an Impreza wrs//sti.... come on guys.

When i look up parts for my 2016 wrx ... every manufacturer has their version of the piece... eg look up aero pieces for it. you'll have 10 choices of front lips.

Edited by SpidermanMTL

The main difference between the two is where the engine mounts are so...yeah we can compare them pretty easily.

we're comparing easy mods... not mechanical//structural difference, also i think there may be a couple of other differences, than engine mounts. ... maybe ...

ok.... ok....I'm wrong it's super easy to find parts for this car,

Perrin developed metric sh!tloa@ds of parts for our car, if I go on subie speed, rallysport, ebay..... and type in 2010-12 subaru legacy the amount of parts that come up are abundant.

If i'm looking for a front lip there are more than one option avalible.

If i look up Easy peezy parts like MBCB// air intake every big name company makes one... grimspeed, perrin, cobb.

the biggest tuner of subaru maybe world wide.... Cobb offers maps for all configurations//stages for fifth gens...

Don't tell me it's easy to modify a fifth gen compared to an Impreza wrs//sti.... come on guys.

When i look up parts for my 2016 wrx ... every manufacturer has their version of the piece... eg look up aero pieces for it. you'll have 10 choices of front lips.

It is not harder to modify the car! You said nothing in your previous post about finding parts...that is a whole different problem.

It is not harder to modify the car! You said nothing in your previous post about finding parts...that is a whole different problem.

It goes hand in hand, find a subaru installer(yes 99%) and talk to him about a fifth gen he'll look at you crooked, tell him you have any 08+ wrx/sti and he's a bible I'm sure.

same thing with most parts... yah an ebcs from 15+ wrx will fit but I guarantee you won't find one that comes with instructions for installing in a fifth gen. will it work.. sure, is it as easy to install on a fifth gen as a wrx?.... No.

That's all I'm saying....

I used the youtube instructions on the WRX to install my ebcs...and they worked. I get what you are saying, but that is why we have all those stickies and this forum, so we can learn together. Most of the stuff you wont find for our cars is just visually appealing mods, most other performance mods have been covered.

I used the youtube instructions on the WRX to install my ebcs...and they worked. I get what you are saying, but that is why we have all those stickies and this forum, so we can learn together. Most of the stuff you wont find for our cars is just visually appealing mods, most other performance mods have been covered.
Agreed... this is my second time around.. i've been using this forum since 2010.. i've donated to a free site ... I believe its only fair.

The original "debate" was "easy"... and that was the point/joke of my original comment.

You will be perfectly fine with +48 offset. It's only an inset difference of 3 mm between +45 and +48, and +48 is actually 3mm further in, and is also a common offset of most of our available stock wheels. Those specs will fit just fine.

I just noticed most people here used 18x8.5 offset 45 with 245/45/18, Will the 48 offset fit? Should I cancel my order ?
I would get something less than a 48 offset. Our stock 45 offset looks weird enough as it is and you are going to recess the wheels even more into the fender.

I would get something less than a 48 offset. Our stock 45 offset looks weird enough as it is and you are going to recess the wheels even more into the fender.

Stock offset on the GT is actually +55, +48 on the 3.6R. Plus with his wheel being at least 1" fully wider than stock, it should look completely fine.

I usually use Timothy.B's car as a reference, since he's running almost that exact set up. This is 18x8.5 +45 on 245/45/18. The setup Niko will have will only be a scant 3mm further in.

http://i.imgur.com/Wy1bk6z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iKIUgfJ.jpg

Shadow Speed HRW Type Rear Window Spoiler arrived today. Very pleased with the quality, paint, and fit, and love the design. Need some warmer weather to install this bad boy. Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272991164900

vnnWX2v.jpg

jfC0Ivu.jpg

3RbISVq.jpg

r1BQ2uN.jpg

DflZcel.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble