LegacyGT.com

Drivers door won't open

:whore:

Best of luck, with the best possible out come.

Hope you saved all your R&R receipts, if it's total lost.

That was the difference when I hit a deer in my old truck. Short hand damage, need to replace the whole front clip. Ins. Co. was going to total the truck, unit I told the the parts & money I put into the last year or so. The biggest one, was a the new long block. They ask for all receipts & decided not to total the truck.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting on his insurance to review the 4 page info sheet I had to fill out before they assign fault and agree to pay.

I also faxed them a copy of the cop's report he filled out at the scene.

Taking my Spec B to VT after work...I need to ski this weekend...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Too bad the one plate in CT was already taken, Back of my son's 05 OB is on the left, he's very active skier too:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=260952&stc=1&d=1516420614

skibaru_orig.thumb.jpg.cec5d1c028d45fed1274a0f8dbdc3f07.jpg

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Update,

His insurance is covering the damage 100%. Now just have to wait and see how much damage there is and what it will cost.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

MAX,

I feel bad for your car, worst thing is that wheels that I'm worried which is not only scratched, it is a total damage on it, I hope you'll find a new one.

If that happens in my place it will be Totalled but at the cost of the car according to their blue book, your receipts will not count in it. :eek::spin:

Get estimates from the shops of your choice. Don’t just go with their appraiser.

No shops will be involve as per Law, only the Certified Insurer is the one which is allowed to do the inspection then they'll send you to their Certified Shop.

No shops will be involve as per Law, only the Certified Insurer is the one which is allowed to do the inspection then they'll send you to their Certified Shop.

Is that a Canadian law? I'm not aware of any such law here in the States.

The province sucks then. Like if the weather was not enough to avoid.

My buddy will send in the estimate today. I'll stop in later when we pick up the 2018 from him. The Dent guy is there removing the parking lot dent and then the guy's will buff the paint.

I'll see what the estimate is then unless he remembers to include that when he emails me the cost for the dent removal, etc. on the new car.

By the way, if you get into a car accident like that, are you allowed to ask the tow truck to bring the car to your house, and not to a shop or tow yard?

Yes. Most insurers will prefer you do this because Tow Yards and Shops charge a lot for storage.

See the link in my sig for more info on insurance claims.

Brought to you by Pfizer

There is no one else I would take my cars to other than my buddies shop. I did think about having it brought to the house, but quickly realized it would end up at his shop anyway's.

We did pick up the 2018 Outback, that door dent is gone. It had just stopped raining so the body was wet. I could not tell where the dent was. My buddy said there is a very small indication, I'll have to check again when its dry and sunny. I'll try and remember to take a picture too.

I'll stop back by the shop tomorrow and bring him the cash for the Outback repair and check on the wagon. It was moved under cover so he could bring the estimate process.

I asked the question about bringing the car to the house cause I am always afraid people will steal stuff (car amps, subwoofer, tools, etc..).

Knock on wood, we don't live in that kind of area. I did clean out most of the removal items while waiting for the flat bed. My GF in the 18 Outback was four cars behind me when he hit me.

BTW, I figured out where the guy who hit lives...how weird is this, he lives four house down the street from me on the other side of the road. Saw him backing out of his driveway with the old white ambulance and realized it, we leave for work about the same time everyday...

Oh yea, the guy who does the estimates at the body shop got in an accident yesterday morning driving to work...so the 05 wagon is still waiting. I'll see whats up tomorrow.

So wait. not following here... How did this disappear?

The door dent was on the 2018 Outback. was about to edit the post and add a picture of the dent.

Archived