LegacyGT.com

Suspension Issues

Good Morning everyone. For those who chimed in on my post in the past concerning suspension.

I was able to place my new:

Koni Yellows on the rear of my wagon (Fronts will place this weekend)

The AVO rear stabilizer mount

Cusco Rear sway bar with unknown endlinks.

Replace rear rotors and pads.

My issue now is. I still hear a squeaking when I make turns left or right. Could this be the control arm bushings?

Also Specifically when I turn Left. I hear a "thud" noise on the right.

I'm assuming it's from the endlink on the right side is a little bent towards the the wheel of the car.

Also Why Do I feel that my car is a little bit lower than I expected. here are some pictures. Any advice appreciated!

1.thumb.jpg.27cacdcac59a2b4b9ad96f52caf7ce95.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.7d9e07d1e27cb79444fb2646f8add25b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.004b64d1da6f58cff5ed2f3d32700f10.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.bfa5b3256f22a7b7faea8966f0aab9cd.jpg

Lube the sway bar bushings, they have been known to squeak.

FWTW, you may want to replace the rear calipers too, see your pads were not hitting the full surface of the rotor.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Control arms for the rear are only like 40 each with bushings from rock auto. I'd suggest do those or buy tougher bushings and have them pressed in your arms. Make sure you don't have a bad wheel bearing on either end back there.

Did you tighten all suspension in air or under compression on ground?

MaxCapacity - I will definitely look into that. I was hoping to save up to buy better brakes but i'll check out my options. Thanks!

Wasted Potential - Thanks for the info! I tightened the suspension in the air. When I placed the struts I used a small jack to level Where the bolt should go into the wheel hub. Then I bolted it in then tightened everything.

Archived