LegacyGT.com

Hello everyone! Got a steal; I'm a LGT guy now!

Power steering pump seepage might be due to aging of the o-ring located at the top of the pump. It's a $3 item that takes all of 5 minutes to replace.

Thanks! It definitely looks like it's right on top. I had hoped I wouldn't have to replace the whole supply hose. Glad to hear you can just get the o ring.

Power steering pump seepage might be due to aging of the o-ring located at the top of the pump. It's a $3 item that takes all of 5 minutes to replace.

When the O-ring goes bad, it lets air in the fluid, causing moaning and foaming (insert off-color joke here).

Leaking at the top of the pump is generally caused by the supply hose. No worries, it's only a $30 part.

I immediately regret the 20mm rear sway bar. Should've gone larger. I'll have to put some miles on it to be sure but the 22mm seems like a better fit, especially if I go to change the front bar some day. It's an improvement though, for sure. I've gotten so used to driving modified MINIs that maybe I just need to chill. The ride quality is excellent after all.

LbTsNkg.jpg

Bigger is better.

My $50 unbranded uppipe came in today as well. The welds look good and the flanges look thick enough; just shy of 3/8". I ran an eBay special in my WRX and never had problems, so I ain't scared. I have everything I need to go "stage 2" sitting in my garage. Just need 3-4 hours to make that happen.

5qlR0uc.jpg

I love my legacy. I'm committed to fixing the front end damage now after seeing a clean white legacy the other day. I thought I'd be ok with it looking a little beat up but for $200 and some elbow grease - I planned to pull the bumper to sand the headlights anyway - it will be a very nice looking car.

Loving the slight ground clearance advantage over other sedans. Most cars scrape going in and out of my driveway but the leggy is fine until I sit three people in it. The little things are adding up to make me love this car more and more; though I'm not in love with the 16mpg I got on the last tank. Gotta lean into the Go pedal a little less frequently.

The sway bay has worked out nicely. It's an improvement though not as drastic as sticking one in a mini or VW. Love the stock wheels too. They'll get some attention in the spring. Something about the simple five spoke design gets me. They look very similar to the wheels I swapped onto my wife's clubman.

3NHLVNY.jpg

Anyway, just gushing about my new toy. Planning to swap the up and down pipes in this coming Saturday, after Thanksgiving. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

That looks like most the Legacy for sale here but with 280K miles for $9K and no history outside of whatever carfax reports.

Luckily when I got my LGT back in Manassas, Va it was 1 owner and the entire life of the car was documented here.

$9k? I'd sell mine for that with 212k miles new HG, vf52, TMIC, DP,UP, etc. lol I paid $2k for it a year ago with leaking HG.

So, I undertook the up and downpipe replacement today. It was a bear. One nut on the downpipe was particularly frozen and probably added an hour to the job going off and back on. The whole thing took me about 5 hours with lots of cutting and breaking of things. I wouldn't recommend this process to the timid or inexperienced. I replaced an uppipe ten years ago on my WRX but all the hardware came off easily. Once these things get some time and miles on them, the game changes.

Modified the heat shield to fit over the new downpipe:

Tt5S8l6.jpg

Dramatic difference in flow out of the turbo:

SyC9zry.jpg

The uppipe is more than slightly less restrictive:

MeOmO20.jpg

The increase in sound is dramatic. WAY more exhaust rumble, more volume everywhere. I wish it would've remained quiet but that's asking too much. I do have a leak at the cat-back junction. I bought the Grimmspeed adapter but foolishly thought I could reuse the donut gasket. Hopefully it quiets down a bit once that is settled, though I doubt it will.

Flashed to Cobb's stage 2 ots map and am enjoying how quickly the turbo comes on. Roll into the throttle over 2k and it just goes!

Man, how loud should I expect a catless set up to be on the stock cat back? It's really loud. I'm certain I have a leak at the cat-back junction but it's louder than just a leak. It's almost as loud as if I left an oxygen sensor out, or something. Hopefully it quiets down when I install the adapter donut gasket.

I'm currently on a Invidia catless DP and stock exhaust, the car is not much if any louder than stock. Really, it is that quiet. She, (GF) no longer hears me pull into the driveway. We live in a very quiet area, dead end street.

I run a stock mid pipe most of the time on the wagon, any other exhaust with the catless DP is way to loud. Even with Pro Lab tuning mufflers, straight through, its to loud for a long drive this time of year.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Success! Installed the missing donut gasket on the cat-back adapter and the engine quieted down to stock - or as near as makes no difference after driving with the loud boxer rumble for a week. I'm sooooo pleased. That was stressing me out. It's amazing how quiet it is given the killer bump in low-to-mid torque.

I pulled the heat shield earlier in the week and found no leaks so I was encouraged but didn't expect such a dramatic change. It doesn't take much of a leak before the midpipe to turn the volume up to 11 on this thing, apparently.

Welcome to the club, i picked my 08 GT limted for $7500 with a branded title. $1500 later and shes a great car..still a PITA. Very..very finicky cars and some parts ive found are hard to find used. It took me 9 months to find a used clockspring with VDC. Again, PITA. Hope you love your new ride! Their worth most of the trouble!

Archived