LegacyGT.com

Gear indicator D/manual) lights out

I have 58k miles, assumed that this would only be covered within the 36k warranty. I'll take it to the dealer and see if this is covered.

I'm in your same boat. I don't think they would, but always worth giving it a shot. I went in a few weeks ago for the wind noise TSB thing and they said it was only covered in the 36k wand not part of the extended warranty.

My 7yr 100k extended warranty has a $100 deductible, and I don't feel that the little light bulb is worth the 100 bucks even if they were to cover it. I'll see if I can take it apart when I have spare time and see whats going on under there.

let us know what your dealer says.

I'm in your same boat. I don't think they would, but always worth giving it a shot. I went in a few weeks ago for the wind noise TSB thing and they said it was only covered in the 36k wand not part of the extended warranty.

My 7yr 100k extended warranty has a $100 deductible, and I don't feel that the little light bulb is worth the 100 bucks even if they were to cover it. I'll see if I can take it apart when I have spare time and see whats going on under there.

let us know what your dealer says.

Just called the dealer, they said this isn't covered beyond the 36k warranty.

I have 58k miles, assumed that this would only be covered within the 36k warranty. I'll take it to the dealer and see if this is covered.

Sorry...if you would have stated up front that you were outside of your warranty period I would have never responded. Who knew you had 58K miles on your car??? Probably an easy fix yourself anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

i have replaced the indicator assembly on mine. it is very easy to do. the p,r,n has an led circuit board and the m-d has an led circuit board. both boards are identical but you can't get the boards separately from the whole unit. the new part appears to have updated circuit boards from another vendor. it is fairly easy to replace. the part comes with the siver trim and the lower light boards. if you take off the silver trim you can easily swap over the electrical connections at the boards instead of rewiring at the lower connector. if you purchase the part you will see what i mean. the part you need is #35170AL00A . pricing will vary depending on where you get it. i picked mine up for $83 after tax.

Edited by ammcinnis
To show correct part number: 35170AL00A.

Thanks Jdog81. I haven't attempted this yet - but I thought that I would only be replacing bulbs. Can you provide a link for the part? I tried searching with just the part number, but no luck.

sorry had part number wrong. fixed it already. should be #35170AL00A

i have replaced the indicator assembly on mine. it is very easy to do. the p,r,n has an led circuit board and the m-d has an led circuit board. both boards are identical but you can't get the boards separately from the whole unit. the new part appears to have updated circuit boards from another vendor. it is fairly easy to replace. the part comes with the siver trim and the lower light boards. if you take off the silver trim you can easily swap over the electrical connections at the boards instead of rewiring at the lower connector. if you purchase the part you will see what i mean. the part you need is #351070AL00A . pricing will vary depending on where you get it. i picked mine up for $83 after tax.

Did you have to take the whole center console off or were you able to just remove the trim around the shift lever? Do you have pics of the swap? Thanks!

you have to take the middle out of the center console with the cupholders. pretty straight forward. also you need to pop the chrome piece down off the shifter bottom to remove the c clip so you can take the shifter knob off. sorry i did not take pics

• 4 years later...

So I have replaced this assembly several times and the subaru boards are crap and the leds last maybe a year or so on my vehicle before they start having issues. Had a friend of mine make some custom boards to replace the oem ones. so far so good. Here is the link. A lot cheaper also then buying the whole thing. eBay