LegacyGT.com

Gear indicator D/manual) lights out

I drive a 2015 premium 2.5 (mid tier) Subaru legacy.

The gear shift indicators for drive and manual are no longer backlit. I was wondering, am I looking at just replacing a fuse or do I need to take it apart to replace the bulb/LED out?

Thank you for your time!!

To be honest I'm not sure if it's covered ...

It's covered in the base 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. It would also be covered by a Subaru Added Security Gold Plus service plan.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Now that I think of it, I can't remember if my M-D was ever illuminated. I just noticed that they weren't and assumed the bulb needed to be replaced. Would appreciate confirmation as well before I go and rip out the center console :)

Now that I think of it, I can't remember if my M-D was ever illuminated. I just noticed that they weren't and assumed the bulb needed to be replaced. Would appreciate confirmation as well before I go and rip out the center console :)

Yes it’s lit up.

IMG_4234.thumb.JPG.53a0f50bd06feb35de7af1163df1fe1d.JPG

Yep - my P, R, N illuminate in synch with the headlights. However my M-D lights do not.

Now searching for instructions on R&R'ing the shift-lever cover and replacing the bulbs.

If you do remove the shift knob, can you do a small write up? I've found removal instructions for all different auto transmissions but couldn't find anything specific for the 15-17 legacy/OB.

Mine lights up whenever the headlights are on, no matter which position the shifter is in. Tested this last night after reading through this thread.

Mine are lit with the headlights as well.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I checked mine today and the M-D does not light up in any position. Headlights ON with shift lever in any position. The other 3 P, R and N do light up red.

Don't know if this is something that got added after a certain production batch...

Never cared much if it was lit or not. May be I'll bring it up the next time I go to the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you assume that your warranty wouldn't cover it? That's what your warranty is for.

I have 58k miles, assumed that this would only be covered within the 36k warranty. I'll take it to the dealer and see if this is covered.