LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Was on a conference all weekend so no race for me.

I have it, if you want it. Sky coverage.

Wasn't a bad race. Had some drama. If the rain had really come it would have been a total game changer in the result, I think. I wasn't as teary eye'd about Alonso's last race as I was about Masa's. Nice seeing Vandoorne finally get his elbows out.

Crazy that only two teams are keeping their line up for next year!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with this video and there are similar videos for every year of F1 racing. Each one is about an hour long. Incredible footage with driver interviews and each video recaps the entire year with points and each race finish. You will be addicted, I know I am. I've watched them a lot of times and they are superb.

There are F1 videos all the way back to the 1950's but they are in a foreign language, but they are definitely worth watching too. Amazing how fast those cars were with skinny treaded tires and no safety features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_P8xbwGh8M&t=617s

You will NOT regret clicking on this link and you'll enjoy a lot of hours of seeing some amazing cars like the 6 wheel Tyrrel, the first JPS Lotus wing cars, and the points battle between Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Truly excellent.

IF YOU CLICKED ON THE LINK I HAD BEFORE, IT WAS FOR 1980. THIS LINK IS FOR 1970-START HERE NOW. SORRY ABOUT THAT MISTAKE.

Edited by JmP6889928

I'm so excited that I might have to go to Canada or Austin this year.

Let me know what you decide to do. If I am stateside, I may go to one of those as well. It would be cool to meet either in Montreal or in Texas, as I have not yet been.

I, too, might just be enticed into going to one or both. Let's start a thread and see who might be able to make it to one or both. It would be very cool to have a bunch of LGT members show up at a race together and have our own meet.

Do we want him back?

Maybe not.

Of the trio Alonso, Kimi and Kubica I'd say that Kimi and Kubica both do their lessons and don't complain much (aside from Kimi-isms over the radio like "I know what I'm doing", but that's why we love him) and try too do the best they can with the stuff they have. Alonso seems to complain a bit too much.

453747.png

Alonso reminds me of 70s driver Chris Amon somewhat. He was championship material but could not make a good choice of teams to save his life. All the other drivers respected and feared his speed but he never won.

Alonso is like that. He hasn't been in a competitive car in so many years. If McLaren is fast in 2020, I'd love to see him driving it . Hopefully he wouldn't be a prima donna again.

And I'd love to see McLaren (and Williams) near the front again. But I doubt McLaren can get that competitive enough by 2020 to draw Fred back

Another racing driver with somewhat of a bad luck was Gunnar Nilsson.

He passed away just one month after Ronnie Peterson, but from cancer. He had quite a "hit and miss" career. 31 starts, 17 DNFs, 1 win (on Zolder in rain), 4 podiums and 1 fastest lap.

But he wasn't the Super Swede. Mario said Ronnie could've beat him so numerous times in 78 but he obeyed team orders.