LegacyGT.com

Found spec b with 37k on it

The asking price is absurd. Just because he has kept some car as a museum piece does not automatically remove depreciation. That's about what I paid for my new GT wagon 11 or 12 years ago.

I hope whoever is looking at this will just buy a regular Legacy GT and apply their savings towards suspension and power mods. They will still come out way ahead.

Actually, I would advise NOT to get such an old, low mileage car. Driving only short distances will not allow enough time for the engine to warm up and can lead to things like premature oil buildup and motor oil deterioration. I *hope* in his quest to make this car low mileage, he also changed the oil much more frequently, or at least on a time-based scheduled vs. a milage-based one.

Actually, I would advise NOT to get such an old, low mileage car...
I think that's what spacemanspif was calling "fun" since he got a low mileage car with some age on it, he had some issues with it, as well as deferred maintenance that he had to do.

Actually, I would advise NOT to get such an old, low mileage car. Driving only short distances will not allow enough time for the engine to warm up and can lead to things like premature oil buildup and motor oil deterioration. I *hope* in his quest to make this car low mileage, he also changed the oil much more frequently, or at least on a time-based scheduled vs. a milage-based one.

Just saying, just because it has low miles, doesn't mean it was only driven for short trips.

My Spec is getting used less, but it's Saturday night drive is at least 10 miles highway, one way.

But you have the right idea about short drives in these cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
Wow that's a bit too steep on the price. The car is due for a timing belt even with low miles since maintenance spec is mileage or years and it's at 10 years come January. Probably want to use a bottle of simple green at the car wash on your engine bay if you're try to get top dollar :)

Archived