LegacyGT.com

SoCal Porting Stage 3 VF52 Results

I won't be having multiple maps. Strictly e85. I'm fine with giving up the option to take road trips in the LGT.

You obviously are. Many here are not. Can't imagine NOT being able to take the LGT up to Tahoe, over the Grapevine, etc..

I travel more than 3 hours from home only 3-5 times a year.

I have another vehicle or would rent one if needed.

An easy sacrifice to run a safer fuel and more HP for the other 95% of my driving.

Hey, I totally agree with you - sorry if I came off as aggressive/disagreeable. I just wanted to point out that not everyone can live with your compromises..

Your peak boost is right in line with mine, so I guess my headers don't affect that much.

Probably not much with the vf52, bigger turbos will definately benefit from your setup.

I noticed the graph said torco, my tuner is recommending I run a little octane booster to be safe with my high mileage block and the power level I'm at.

Seems like Torco is the way to go, I also might try the royal purple (different compound).

Yup, since the car spends 90% of the time on track now it's basically there for a safety margin since the car gets driven hard. Surgeline advised that the Torco tune wouldn't really make more power just safer power. This is one 32oz can per tank

Unmodified VF-52 here -

DW 740 sidefeeds, Walbro 255, stock intake, stock exhaust manifolds, Perrin top mount...

Great numbers, and sorry for the ignorance but I assume Torco is an octane booster?

Yup, since the car spends 90% of the time on track now it's basically there for a safety margin since the car gets driven hard. Surgeline advised that the Torco tune wouldn't really make more power just safer power. This is one 32oz can per tank

What! Thats a lot of octane! :lol: whole can?

My tuner suggested a full point (94-95) just as insurance because of the mileage.

Im thinking 1/8-1/4 can with full tank 93

accelerator-ratio-93.pdf

accelerator-blend-chart.pdf

On another note I finally build the courage to do a pull on high boost. I've been trying to come up with a way to describe how it felt. Let's put it this way.....

I did not know an AWD vehicle could suffer torque steer.

• 1 month later...

My vf52 on stock fueling, dyno plot is on here some where, I'll try and remember to post it here when I'm home later.

Can't believe this is the first time I've noticed this thread. Gee, its not like I'm not here everyday..

Here,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/CCF08272011_00000.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived