LegacyGT.com

Marvick08GT BCP X500+ Install / Tune

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys! Ran into issues on the dyno.. Maf voltage is maxed due to a POS aem intake... and I'm leaning out up top at 17psi. Previous owner claimed a DW65C was installed but may not have changed the filter.. Either it has a factory fuel pump or the main filter is clogged.

At 17psi it made 386hp, didnt get a sheet because we need to actually tune it once the fueling and maf issue are resolved.

Right now I am running 13 psi. The car is quite a bit faster than the vf52 setup. The 10cm housing greatly improves off boost power and feel. Keeping in mind the car has not been tuned really at all. 17 psi @ 4k rpm. It feels great!

Does anybody have a grimmspeed intake and know what size it is?

I just stumbled upon this... Looks like a nice setup! (save for the stock internals... but I bet that'll change eventually)

Does anybody have a grimmspeed intake and know what size it is?

I have one, IIRC the intake tube is around 3". I can measure the ID/OD when I get home from work, if you want. Also: did you replace your turbo inlet? You may benefit from a larger aftermarket inlet. I'm not sure if these will be issues you run into, but it will flow better and resist collapse under spool.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Bummers!

The fuel pump is really easy to get verify. just pull the rear seat, and a few bolts. There's a few tricks to keep it from spilling fuel, when you pull it, but i don't remember them offhand.

I doubt it's a clogged filter. Might not be a DW65c in there, or the DW is tired. There's been a few instances of tired 65cs. The AEM that Cobb sells seems to be the go to lately.

I just stumbled upon this... Looks like a nice setup! (save for the stock internals... but I bet that'll change eventually)

I have one, IIRC the intake tube is around 3". I can measure the ID/OD when I get home from work, if you want. Also: did you replace your turbo inlet? You may benefit from a larger aftermarket inlet. I'm not sure if these will be issues you run into, but it will flow better and resist collapse under spool.

I have a perrin inlet. The GS is supposed to be 3" just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the words, we'll see how quickly I can grab these parts and set up another dyno.

Bummers!

The fuel pump is really easy to get verify. just pull the rear seat, and a few bolts. There's a few tricks to keep it from spilling fuel, when you pull it, but i don't remember them offhand.

I doubt it's a clogged filter. Might not be a DW65c in there, or the DW is tired. There's been a few instances of tired 65cs. The AEM that Cobb sells seems to be the go to lately.

Yeah I was looking at the aem, i can get a good DW65 locally, The car was a vf52 on ewg previously. It was tuned with the pump and it was fine. Didnt run into issues until i put larger injectors.

You have a graph? How much boost are you running? Once he adds timing and wgdc it should spool faster. TBH, i like the way it feels already.

I'll probably be going back next Thursday to finish it. I have a GS 76mm intake coming, a spare complete fuel pump housing with a dw65c in it.

Pulled my pump, it is a DW65C pump, filter is ordered ~$70. It is the upper half of the housing the pump sits in. 150k i guess the filter is original? Even dirty still flows good for 330 hp :)

Pulled my pump, it is a DW65C pump, filter is ordered ~$70. It is the upper half of the housing the pump sits in. 150k i guess the filter is original? Even dirty still flows good for 330 hp :)

If it puts you at ease: I dealt with horrific fueling issues for the longest time on both my stock pump and a DW65C. Random starvation, leaning out under load, horrible AF trims. It was sporadic and would be fine one day and not the next. It turned out my fuel pump housing filter was clogged, and was causing the pump to cavitate under certain situations. Once I replaced that I was golden. Mine had 200k on it though...

Also FWIW, I've got a DW65C and ID1000's at sea level. I see about 60% max IDC @17.5psi, sea level. The pump still has plenty left for pump gas, but ethanol at 350+hp would be a struggle.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I'll be at Bethany Beach on Labor Day weekend....perhaps you can break another toe so you can get time off and take me for a ride :cool: I don't like the idea of breaking a toe but when you get to work on your own car and have time to get it tuned it doesn't sound so bad :lol:

If it puts you at ease: I dealt with horrific fueling issues for the longest time on both my stock pump and a DW65C. Random starvation, leaning out under load, horrible AF trims. It was sporadic and would be fine one day and not the next. It turned out my fuel pump housing filter was clogged, and was causing the pump to cavitate under certain situations. Once I replaced that I was golden. Mine had 200k on it though...

I appreciate the input! Exactly what's happening to me..

You have to come out for the ride :)

Archived