LegacyGT.com

Marvick08GT BCP X500+ Install / Tune

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been busy with work. Made new coolant hoses and heat shields. Tried to figure out the oil line kit for the x500.. called and was told I would recieve a call and then they were closed... It appears I am missing a piece of hardware.. I am going to stop by iag in the morning for a line kit..

They do make this turbo in the lgt flange style...not sure if you knew that...but looks like youll get this setup completed soon enough...cant wait

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

#1 where do they make a x500+ with a lgt conpressor housing?

#2 That is a horrible design anyway imho.

Yeah went out of town for a bit, my samco bpv hose finally got here! Intake manifold, injectors and tgv's ready to drop in. After that just vacuum lines etc.

Already loaded the basemap, there will be dyno sheets this week!

Justinn email to me when I inquired about the bcpx500

We have this turbo available in the WRX/LGT flange - it does not come with the "plus" exhaust wheel. the FX500 comes in a 10cm housing with a similar compressor wheel, but with a different exhaust wheel, the same as the normal x500 that we offer.*

I do have them on the shelf and ready to sell if you are interested!*

justin*

Justin Tischler

Director of Sales

Boost Controlled Performance, INC

31203 Schoolcraft

Livonia, Mi 48150

and @chefo.soriano

I would think so, I'm telling you, an aftermarket tmic is a nightmare with a vf52 (gs excluded) There is a reason why that design is used for the sti.

I didn't know that, I have no issues at all with an AVO TMIC and my VF52. Guess I'll count myself fortunate and not mess with it. :-D

I would think so, I'm telling you, an aftermarket tmic is a nightmare with a vf52 (gs excluded) There is a reason why that design is used for the sti.

Nightmare? Do you mind explaining?

I'm no longer running my VF52 but there was no issues, certainly nothing nightmare worthy.

When i had the stx67 in the sti style/stock location the turbo i had same issue like you with rubbing and fitment so i opted for the stx71 in the lgt flange and call it a day.

If your bcp spools at least 700rpms faster on your setup...i will swap out my 71 for the x500 no doubt...im excited for you man

and @chefo.soriano

When i had the stx67 in the sti style/stock location the turbo i had same issue like you with rubbing and fitment so i opted for the stx71 in the lgt flange and call it a day.

If your bcp spools at least 700rpms faster on your setup...i will swap out my 71 for the x500 no doubt...im excited for you man

Nothing has rubbed besides the oil line, that gets removed with the supplied kit, you can also just put the oil feed from the back of the head and cap of the factory line. I wanted to replace it all!

I didn't know there was a silver option, I'd only ever seen gold. That said, with the engine cover and what not, all the gold under my heat shields and on the AVO TMIC are all hidden anyway. If they were visible, I would definitely be going with the silver, that looks great.

Almost finished! Broke my toe so its been slow...

The Cosmo Racing ignition coils came in so i installed those

Just need to finish some vacuum lines and put the intercooler back on. Hopefully I can do the front brakes, 2 studs and change the trans and rear fluid tomorrow. Wednesday morning is almost here!

Cars running! Went to replace the RF stud that was broken.. Turns out the P/O used a cheap a$$ hub that used some weird stud.. So now had to replace the whole hub... Car runs and sounds great! No boost though lol, cant wait for tomorrow!

If anybody wants anything specifically info wise let me know.

Archived