LegacyGT.com

What types coilovers or dropsprings is evrey one running

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's your feedback on ride quality and performance?

I love the way the car handles now, I tend to push it more! With the alignment almost dead on to me it's exactly how the car should ride. Of course you'll feel a little harshness on those overly horrible roads but that's expected of any lowered car. It's nothing concerning at all.

Now my car has 26k+ on it and the engine (3.6) is really coming into its own. Combined with the 19mm rear sway bar and front SSD tower brace I love the handling now. Acceleration is silky smooth and it is my favorite car I've owned. This coming from 3 Accords over the years. My gas mileage has dropped a bit, but that's due to being a little heavier on the throttle! :lol:

I love the way the car handles now, I tend to push it more! With the alignment almost dead on to me it's exactly how the car should ride. Of course you'll feel a little harshness on those overly horrible roads but that's expected of any lowered car. It's nothing concerning at all.

Now my car has 26k+ on it and the engine (3.6) is really coming into its own. Combined with the 19mm rear sway bar and front SSD tower brace I love the handling now. Acceleration is silky smooth and it is my favorite car I've owned. This coming from 3 Accords over the years. My gas mileage has dropped a bit, but that's due to being a little heavier on the throttle! :lol:

Did it get rid of the rear sagging?thats the one that annoys me the most

Where'd you get your sway bar?

Just curious if 2010 to 2014 front struts fit the 6th gen? I know it will be missing the mount for the sway bar link but will the previous model strut physically work?
No the Front St ruts won't fit.. I had a set of 14' Coilovers and my 3.6 Front Spindle where the Strut slides in to bolt to was 5mm Thicker than the Strut Mount Bracket.. maybe because they changed to the 114.3 Hubs.. I'm not sure what Hubs were ran on the legacy in 14'..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did it get rid of the rear sagging?thats the one that annoys me the most

2 options, if you have c/o:

1. get the saggy butt spacers

2. Take your car to a shop that can do corner balances. Tell them you want the back end lifted in relation to the front (it's called "rake"). Have them weight the driver seat for your weight. Come back several hours later. No more saggy butt. Also car will handle better.

2 options, if you have c/o:

1. get the saggy butt spacers

2. Take your car to a shop that can do corner balances. Tell them you want the back end lifted in relation to the front (it's called "rake"). Have them weight the driver seat for your weight. Come back several hours later. No more saggy butt. Also car will handle better.

Would the butt spacers from 2015-16 wrx fit 6th gen Legacy?

No the Front St ruts won't fit.. I had a set of 14' Coilovers and my 3.6 Front Spindle where the Strut slides in to bolt to was 5mm Thicker than the Strut Mount Bracket.. maybe because they changed to the 114.3 Hubs.. I'm not sure what Hubs were ran on the legacy in 14'..

Are the spindles for the 2.5 the same as on the 3.6? I'm seeing k sports listing 2015 to 2016 fitment as well.

Are the spindles for the 2.5 the same as on the 3.6? I'm seeing k sports listing 2015 to 2016 fitment as well.
I know there 114.3 but not sure of the thickness you might have to have someone measure the 2.5 then maybe I can .measure my 3.6

I wish tein would just make a set for this car and I would be all over it. I have had multiple sets of tein coil overs and have loved the ride on all of them. They balance comfort with ride height perfectly imo. Didn't have good experiences with Megan ez street on another car so kinda wanna stay away.

• 4 weeks later...
LA Variant 3 Coilovers and Eibach Pro Kit springs at TireRack

I love it when some hoo-ha comes in here, drops some troll, doesn't include links, verification of fitment, or really anything of any value, gets peoples hopes up and leaves it at that.

Post some real data. Post some links. Did you install these? Do they actually fit? Or are these again just suppliers making assumptions or mistakes saying that part will fit?

Contribute. Don't just give vague hints.

Some troll? Links? Do you not know how to work tire rack? Shut up and stop talking shit cause you're special
Just because its listed does not mean fitment is confirmed on our vehicle. You go ahead and shell out the funds and test fit. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Some troll? Links? Do you not know how to work tire rack? Shut up and stop talking shit cause you're special
But I am super special. [emoji6] Not only do I know how to work TireRack, but apparently I know how to work you up too. Lol!

Yes, Eibach and H&R at TireRack. Nothing here is new. We already know that 5th Gen lowering springs fit the 6th gen with the intended drop. I don't see KW listed there or on KW's site. So again, if you're gonna make a statement, back it up.

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=2.5i+Limited

But I am super special. [emoji6] Not only do I know how to work TireRack, but apparently I know how to work you up too. Lol!

Yes, Eibach and H&R at TireRack. Nothing here is new. We already know that 5th Gen lowering springs fit the 6th gen with the intended drop. I don't see KW listed there or on KW's site. So again, if you're gonna make a statement, back it up.

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=2.5i+Limited

It's on the rack...

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=KW&model=Variant+3+Coil-Over&group=Variant+3+Coil-Over&partNum=KW35245007&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=3.6R+Limited

It may be an error, but it's definitely listed there.

Archived