LegacyGT.com

Anyone have any idea how I might have gotten hit/by what? I was parked on the street and came out to this:

1. Scratch along rear quarter panel with black paint transfer that is 38 inches from the ground.

2. Mirror damaged

3. Mirror slammed into A pillar when it snapped back.

Some car mirrors are roughly 38 inches from the ground and because there are no dents in my car, could someone's mirror have hit my quarter panel and then mirror?

Any idea how much for a new (used) mirror?

I'm in New York State, any idea if I can tape a regular mirror on there until I can get it fixed? This way I don't get pulled over?

Edit: pictures won't upload. Never had this issue before.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Edit2: is the glass part of the mirror that has two wires coming out of it replaceable or is the whole thing need replacing? There were two pieces on the ground, the bottom part of the mirror swivel part and the colored part. The colored part looks mostly fine, but the bottom part doesn't click in.

I'll take a look when I'm home. Is there a diagram on how to swap them? Tools needed?

Also can the two wires holding the mirror on get wet or do I need to put a bag over the mirror for now?

They'll be fine dc electronics aren't as susceptible to water damage as you might believe. In any case it's just a heater grid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I keep getting an error when trying to upload. Everyone's car in the neighborhood was damaged on the side that would have hit me so it's tough to tell who did it. It was a quiet residential neighborhood.

Drunk driver?

I keep getting an error when trying to upload. Everyone's car in the neighborhood was damaged on the side that would have hit me so it's tough to tell who did it. It was a quiet residential neighborhood.

Likely your picture size is too big. I have to resize my picture from my iPhone by emailing them to myself and choosing medium size in order to attach them here.

If it's a small scratch could be a bicycle that hit it, handlebars or person on it could've broke the mirror.

And agree with above, ebay or junkyard is your best bet for an already painted mirror that's cheap.

Installation should be easy. Probably 3 nuts on the inside of the door where the mirror mounts and 1 electrical plug. Maybe 30 minute install.

Resize your pictures. They are either too large (too many megapixels) or the format (x by y) is too large.

Sorry to hear about this, these things are frustrating. Probably a drunk driver or delivery truck or something that thought he had more room and got too close.

This should work. One picture still didn't upload even though I resized it.

Anyway, the scratch on the rear quarter panel has black paint. Any easy way to get it off? I don't know how deep the scratch is once it's removed. The A-Pillar where the mirror snapped back also got scraped up. Looks like since the rear quarter panel scratch is 38 inches high, that a car mirror hit it first, then slammed into my mirror. The mirror glass sprayed all over my hood, so they had to be going at a decent speed.

I didn't look but am not sure how to remove the inside trim to get at the 3 bolts that probably hold the mirror on.

I've also been meaning to get the car exterior waxed professionally, so hopefully that will remove most of the paint transfer. I've used Magic Eraser in the past for issues like this with pretty good success, but it makes that area dull, unless it's just removing the clear coat too, which I assume would be re-applied if I had my car clay barred and then waxed?

What year mirror can this support? 2010 to 2013? Are the Outback mirrors compatible too? If so, what year? I'm not having much luck finding a dark gray heated mirror.

2.thumb.jpg.f3e463acda183f52eeefec8aa981e47a.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.5ef4989be3913cdfc8ddd3ef22194ecb.jpg

Hopefully that's more of a scuff than a scratch on your paint, but it sure couldn't hurt to try buffing it out before sanding and repainting, that's for sure.

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing you'll have to pull the whole door card off to get to the mounting screws. If it's not immediately obvious from looking at it, I'm sure there are instructions in the vacation pics. I'd probably look there anyway- knowing me, I'd probably assume a hidden screw was just a pop-clip and rip something apart.

I think folding mirrors became standard in 2011, so anything '11+ that's heated and matches your paint should work.

In the past the interior trim hiding the mirror fasteners has just used friction connectors. So it should just pull off. I would await confirmation if it doesn't seem to be easily removed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Looking at the vacation pics now, and it appears as though you pull up on the front of the trim to unlatch a tab, then slide it backwards or something to unhook another fastener, no door card removal required.

That residue could probably be cleaned off with acetone (aka nail polish remover) or mineral spirits. This will take off wax on the paint, too.

Looks like someone on a bike hit the car.

Archived