LegacyGT.com

Decisions... I have researched.. 20gxtr / Dom 1.5xtr 8cm / 10cm ??

I have researched both, I'm not sure of the pros and cons of either. I have a pnp coated vf52 that i just threw in with an external wastegate.. I like the setup, but the wife does not like the noise.. I want to block off my external wastegate and run internally gated. I have the supporting mods so i figured the wife wants quiet, I'll "upgrade" the turbo to quiet it down..

pnp headers, gs xover, gs ewg up and tial 38mm wg.

Invidia catted divorced dp, q300

Gs tmic, id1050x , perrin inlet, aem cai

V3

btw, once i decide I'll have the ceramic coated vf52 with ~500 miles for sale, lol

Looks promising, looking at what i can find online it looks like the dom 1.5xtr spools faster? I see the bcp is $400 cmless though. Any more info on it? Seems like i can only find info going back a year or so? Also every one i saw ran ewg.. there is no option, it needs to be iwg.. Thanks for the info!

Its internally gated, spools 100-250 rpm sooner them dom 1.5xtr, holds about 100-250 rpm longer up top, is made in the usa, cheaper, and isnt made by blouch who have terrible customer service.

If you compare dual avcs vs non dual avcs (forget about which gear the hero pull was done) cars running the same Turbo spool will be all over the place.

Nasioc has a thread on it. Big ron likes it, you should too.

Why? You didnt use it.

But i did.. We just don't agree ;)

The graphs i saw didnt show the x500 spooling faster (in fact slower..) than the 1.5xtr. I called Blouch and Boosted performance. Guess who was more knowledgeable about their product? Guess who had the better customer service? Mike @ Blouch Performance Turbo

That is why I gave them my business, i have no doubt i will be incredibly happy. :)

What is your setup? I still need to add my mods too lol

18156381_10208422495708626_5404313822646394978_o.jpg?oh=c386a20657dd9342781404dd527ba97b&oe=59E0F47E

Turn in concepts is using this turbo now over the dom because of the graph above. Red is the x500 green is the dom.

I've seen more negative comments regarding blouch if you have a turbo failure. If you are talking to sales yeah they give you the rub n tug before you buy.

I'm running rotated efr 6758. If I had gone stock location I'd be with the x500.

I was bot looking for max power. Maybe with E and high boost it works out that way. I doubt a 93 comparo would look the same. Thats the problem, i couldnt find anyone not running 24+ psi on e85 different compression etc. I wil have this on within the month. I will post the dyno results as well. Keep in mind this will be with no engine mods, and pnp oem headers.. this will be a real world test

I was bot looking for max power. Maybe with E and high boost it works out that way. I doubt a 93 comparo would look the same. Thats the problem, i couldnt find anyone not running 24+ psi on e85 different compression etc. I wil have this on within the month. I will post the dyno results as well. Keep in mind this will be with no engine mods, and pnp oem headers.. ���� this will be a real world test ��

That thought process makes sense. Some turbos definately perform surprisingly better or worse on pump vs e85.

TGV's out and sent to get coated, boost and wideband gauges installed. Prepping for intall once the turbo arrives. Also have amsoil fluid for trans and diff waiting rmo go in, still need to clearance the separator in the downpipe.

20170708_172741-2016x1512Small.thumb.jpg.2490198ca5581da0530abf21442621dc.jpg

20170708_172802-2016x1512Small.thumb.jpg.283e850959390aedefc73f4df9b131ec.jpg

Archived